Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thinking of selling my Blazer :( What would be a good selling price?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chewy, May 6, 2001.

1. Chewy

Chewy 1/2 ton status

I know this sucks, but with the gas prices going up so much, it is getting hard for me to afford driving it along with going to college. My question is what would be a fair price to ask for it if i decide to sell it?

Here's the mods:
    1987 Chevrolet K5 Blazer:
    -350 cid V-8 with TBI
    -700R4 automatic transmission.
    -Six inch Superlift.
    -35x12.5x15 BFG All Terrains for daily driving.
    -4.10 gears front and rear.
    -Hooker Competition headers.
    -Flowmaster performance cats, true dual all the way.
    -Transmission cooler.
    -Custom driveshaft.
    -Dual shock steering stabilizer.
    -CB with 102 inch steel whip antenna.
    -Pioneer CD player.
    -6x9 inch 3-way Pioneer speakers in rear.
    -3.5 inch 2-way pioneer speakers in dash.
    -Procomp Steel braded Brake lines.
    -Warn Premium Manual Hubs.
    -New axles.

I also just replaced the rotors, calipers, and front brake pads.
    The body is in pretty good shape (a few dents) with VERY little rust.

What would be a fair price for this truck?

'87 Beast
    Colorado, USA

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

You could theoretically get $10K out of it considering the market for K5's. Your odometer and the condition of the paint need to be factored in too. Expect a minimum of $6,000 and a high end of $10,000.

[​IMG]

3. KILLERK5

KILLERK5 1/2 ton status

My brother is looking for a blazer, E-mail me with more about it (miles, color, price, location etc.) Kingkale2@aol.com

4. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

now why would you want to go and do a thing like that??? [​IMG]

<font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue>

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I would keep it and bite the bullet on the gas prices. Sounds like a real nice rig.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html>http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html</A>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>

6. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

Ya, this is what I'm doin, wife got a new car and I'll drive her old one for a while till gas goes down or we sell it, but at 10 bux to fill it compared to $$, I might keep the old car a while...

83K5 Silverado
    What was that bump?

7. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I'd pay the gas prices....look at it this way, what are you going to do for a ride? Buy something else? If you do that then you'll most likely have to fix that up to get it to where you want it. Then if it's a newer car your insurance will go up. If that car costs more then you get for selling the Blazer you get car payments.....plus gas for that car. You'll probably end up spending to get another car what you'd spend on gas for the Blazer. I'd keep it. I hate how much gas costs but I love my rig and I know if I sold it I'd regret it big time. Consider everything first before you finally do sell.....

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</A>

8. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Hey all
    6-10k is about the going rate for them around here.
    Myself I would keep it .
    Actualy I just got another one.
    See ya

my truck's not dirty, it's earth tone paint

9. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

i know i am gonna get a lot of flack for this, being from saudi an' all, but here goes anyway, i would pay the gas. look at what you get for the money. towing, go anywhere, hit just about anything and keep going, haul friends, family, luggage, parts and the dog....at the same time. and its not as long as a bus.
    i was in the US for 6 years and for 5 of them i had a 69 chevelle SS as my daily driver. even after i got married my wife said that we could park the SS and use her camry to save gas money.....BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!! i figured i got about 9 MPG, but the ride was roller coaster styleeeee! (i have a very heavy right foot). i know people that spend alot of money for a 2 mintue roller coaster ride. same principle...principalities are involved here.

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

10. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

How many miles? I would say you could ask at least 5 or 6K. But I'm with everyone else...if it comes down to it, buy a bicycle. I'll even let you borrow mine! LOL! You will kick yourself so hard in the butt if you sell it. It sounds like you know just about every nut and bolt on that thing, and like chevycagal said, you buy something else and what if the motor goes out? Or the tranny? It could happen. I had a blazer before the one I have now and the motor had been "rebuilt" and so had the tranny. The summer after I bought it, I was putting in a new motor...and then when on a 500 mile journey and 250 miles away from home the tranny went out. You can even get a little crotch rocket for cheap and it'll cost 4 bucks to fill that up and then just drive your blazer for pleasure. That's what I'd do (in fact...have done). My hubby drives a motorcycle and I drive the camaro. And if the weather is bad, I drive the blazer and he drives the camaro. That motorcyle goes through 4 bucks in gas every two weeks, and it's a big Honda. If you have to sell it, then I would ask at least 5K. But I think we are all warning you, you'll be kicking yourself for a long time!

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html>http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html</A>

11. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

hey, I think ChevyCaGal has a point there... and dont' forget about taxes in this (sales tax etc.)

<font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue>

[​IMG][​IMG]

12. Chewy

Chewy 1/2 ton status

You all are probably right, I hate the idea of selling it its just that I live very far outside of Denver so going anywhere is a long, and now expensive, trip. I don't want to sell it but I'm still deciding. I was thinking of getting something like a ZR-2 Blazer if I do. I don't know. Thanks for the help, and the advice.

'87 Beast
    Colorado, USA