Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thinking of selling my Jimmy.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Aug 4, 2000.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

As you guys may know, about 2 weeks ago my '87 Jimmy stopped running. Thought it was the fuel pump, bought a new one today and that's not it. There is an electrical problem in it and I have to have it towed to the shop. I love it to death, but I'm tired of messing with it. I got so mad the other night that I went out and yelled at it and beat it with a hockey stick. I just can't handle not having a reliable vehicle and to add to it all, I can't afford to keep it running. I'm not sure how much I should ask for it. I will get it running again before I decide to sell it. It has only 76,000 original on it, 350TBI, 6" lift, brand new 35-15.50-15 SX's, new "true" dual exhaust, CD, pw, pl, good interior. I hate to sell it, but I think it might be for the better. Thanks.

p.s. HAHA Go ahead and throw me a pitty party!! HAHAHA

Alex
    [​IMG]What me get stuck? NEVER!![​IMG]

2. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

First of all, it sounds like your Jimmy is pretty nice. I know the feeling of having your car/truck let you down, but it usually goes away after the first day, so hang in there. More importantly, MONEY! You spend couple hundred bucks to get it fixed, but compare that to going out and buying something else. Something newer and "more reliable (yeah right)" is going to cost you a lot more. And if you finance you're going to have to put up some money up front, and then en-slave yourself to the payments for God knows how long. Buy the time it's paid off, it'll be less reliable than your Jimmy is now, and if you bother to figure out how much the financing cost you, then figure WILL kill you. I've been in your shoes many times and your always better fixing what you got, good luck.

3. James

James 1/2 ton status

Thats funny. well not really. I've got to tell ya I've owned my 73k5 for 9yrs now put approx only 50k miles on it.Only things I've ever had to do is new brakes, new battery and new alterator. Knock on wood I guess. I wouldn't sell it for any other vehicle in the world. But I do sympathise with you. Bad situation don't know what I would do in your sit. Best of luck
    Peace
    James

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I think everybody has thought of that before. A few days ago one of my friends bought a 87 Bimmer for $2500 and they were asking $6000. That thing is so fast it mad me want one. I already like my Blazer more.

90K5

5. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I'm going to come over to your house and punch yo mamma if you sell your truck. Don't sell it over a fuel pump problem and some other small stuff. Ex: I went offroad once back in high school and blew up my tranny. Had it towed to the shop and spent $500 on the rebuilt tranny. ON THE WAY HOME from the tranny shop, one of the tires pretty much fell off. I had to have the entire drivers side of my front axle rebuilt $800. And if thats not enough, I have about 98034986509438 other stories just as bad as that. Cheer up man. Its just part of owning a big truck. You'll never be truly happy with a car.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

6. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

73's right, you'll be soooo jealous when you're driving in your new car, and an old K5 goes by....you'll wish you still had your's.

7. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Man, don't sell it! Do you know how frustrating it is to have it floored on a country road going 75 max! It sucks......when the week before you could pin at 85? sucks! don't get mad about wiring, get even! I had to do my entire stero by myself (didn't even know what ground meant) and did fine. It will work out

<font color=blue>If its too loud, your too old.</font color=blue>
    http://82Jimmy.coloradok5.com

8. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

i know how you feel, but don't sell it please...when you fix it, you'll love it again