Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thinking of selling my K5

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by absolute, Jan 21, 2006.

1. absolute

absolute Registered Member

I have the opportunity to build something else and i'm thinking of selling my K5. Its a 84 with Silverado package with a 4" lift/block rear. 10blt/12blt 3.73s/ 350/700R4/208. the motor runs great, and the tranny was gone through about 15,000 miles ago by a shop in SLC. It has rust in 4 spots that I know of, the cab corners, inside the passenger side by the seat belt (i do have the new metal, and i might weld it in this week for the passenger side) and the rear pan.
    Right now its running 2 good 33 TSL in rear and worn in the front. The interior is stripped right now,and has no carpet but I will take pictures and load them up if someone is interested. The Truck runs great and i'm willing to let her go for $900 OBO. Let me hear your offers... I might be also interested in Parting it out. I figured i would let people closer know first.
    Thanks
    BD

2. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

What are the new plans if you sell it?

3. absolute

absolute Registered Member

sorry I haven't been on in a couple of days, my wife had the baby on Wednesday at Deaconess and we've been busy with him!
    As far as the new plans, i'm thinking of 2 or 3 different things... One is a Crew Cab w/ big block, a 3/4 ton Suburban or a 69-72 style K5. i'm keeping my options open b/c i'm probably getting rid of the 01 S-10 2 door Blazer for a 4 door for my wife! (she's paying of course) or keeping that and still getting her a new car, and take a shot at throwing a SFS in the front. Who know's...

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

If you want a crewcab 1 ton to build I have one for sale... $150 for body and frame. Just needs motor, tranny, tcase, axles, driveshafts and front doors...