Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

thinking of selling the blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by GONZO2, Dec 27, 2001.

1. GONZO2

GONZO2 1/2 ton status

alright i've been driving by this lifted 90 blazer every time i go to work, that has been for sale for a while.
    since i was planning on adding fuel injection to my blazer in the future not to mention going to an od tranny (would like to gain fuel economy and the better 1st gear since i drive this beast a lot.) i thought about selling mine and getting this 90 to replace it. this 90 blazer has (according to the owner) 6" skyjacker lift (although it don't look any higher than my 4" rc lift) 35"at tires and wheels (which would be replaced with the 35's and new wheels that i had on my truck).
    my question is the gearing under this truck. he says it has 3.73 gears, are these too small for 35's and still keep o.d functional. i really don't want to regear again, not to mention that what he is asking for the truck would not make it $$$ effective if i had to gear over again.
    how would 4.10s be with o.d tranny and 35's. because i could stuff my axles under this truck before i sold it also?

or should i just continue on building my truck up little by little?

<font color=blue>85 blazer</font color=blue> 4" lift, 35" pro comp mt, locked out back
    <font color=blue>88 blazer</font color=blue>mostly stock
    <font color=blue>99 30th ann. TA</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>79 TA</font color=blue>

2. wheelnut46

wheelnut46 1/2 ton status

Better the devil you know that the one you dont.

Bill
    '77 GMC Jimmy
    '46 chevy pickup
    '67 Chevelle Malibu

3. GONZO2

GONZO2 1/2 ton status

sounds like my wife! [​IMG] [​IMG]

<font color=blue>85 blazer</font color=blue> 4" lift, 35" pro comp mt, locked out back

4. 1975k5

1975k5 Registered Member

I have a 75 with 350/350 combo, 3:73's and 35's. I would not want an o.d. with it. I feel that cruisting at 55-60, I am in the powerband of the engine. I get 13-15 mpg routinely.

Tom

5. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

373 with 35 is way to high especially with OD
    with a 700 and 373 with 35 i would think it would be toast pretty soon
    i have an 89 with 33's and i regeared to 410, and i get almost 17mpg on road at 75mph and have plenty of low end torque
    what gears are in the rig you have now

It needs a bigger motor.
    what's in it now?
    doen't matter it NEEDS A BIGGER MOTOR
    89 350tbi/700r4h/np208/4.11's

6. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I ran 35" MTRs and 3.73s for a while. It did fine just dont use od unless on the freeway. It now has 4.56s and it crawls great but doesnt have the highway speed I use to have and liked. I use to be able to cruise down the freeway above 80 mph and still get 15-16 mpg and thats with a carb :)

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&33"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

7. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I ran 35's, 3.73, and 700R4 for a while. OD was a little tough on the highway. Of course, I also have a tired ol' 305 (for only another month). I regeared to 4.56s and love it. OD still works great for the highway, and I love the low end take off power. Put it in 4LO and Oh My GOD! I can't wait until I get that new 350 installed. Then it will be "Holy sh........!!!!!!"

4.10s would probably work okay with 35s and OD, but I would stick with your own rig. You already have money into it that you probably won't be able to get back out of it. Consider that when you consider the cost of the new one. However, if you have built your rig one way and wish you could do it again to do it another way this time, then maybe it is time to start over before you get too far in on your current rig.

So, even more confused now? Then I have done my job!

Brian
    Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Jimmy</a> with all her projects!

8. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

3.73's/OD/35's... Ick! I have 4.10's and 35's w/ my 700r4 and it is pretty decent. Most likely moving up to 4.56's though [​IMG]

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

9. GONZO2

GONZO2 1/2 ton status

the blazer for sale has 3.73 and 35's
    my blazer has 4.10's and 35's, but no o.d.
    my wife's 88 has 3.08's (most likely, not sure though what came stock with the 235/75 tires.) and 33's.

if i bought the 90, the plan would be to swap my 85 axles under the 90. then put the 90 axles under the 88 my wife drive's (to be able to use o.d. again) then put the 88 axles back under my 85 to put up for sale.

10. GONZO2

GONZO2 1/2 ton status

oh, forgot to mention that they are asking $8995 for the blazer. i talked to him on the phone and he supposedly had everything done to it himself.
    it has 130k on the blazer, but only a few miles on the engine. according to him new gm crate motor. has dual exhaust that he put on and some bushwacker fender flares. i have not stopped to look at it yet, but acccording to the guy it is 100% perfecct in/ out. he has had this truck for several months on his lot. one reason could be when he 1st got it he was asking 10k for it [​IMG] . on the phone he came down to $7500. even after he said he had 10k tied up in it. when i explained to him that you don't get back most of what you invest into mods on a old truck is when he came down.
    i was going to drive out and take a look at it tommorow with the wife to see what she thinks. right now i'm stuck at work, so can't get to see int. and drive it till tommorow. i'm still thinking much less than $7500 though. what do think a clean, loaded up 90 with lift is worth?

11. 90idahoblazer

90idahoblazer 1/2 ton status

I paid 5000 for my 90 and it had no rust and the paint and drive train were as good as you can get on a 10 year old truck...I think I paid too much...I wouldnt give him more that 4,800.....If its on a car lot you know he is asking way too much...Book on it is around 4500...just my opinion

12. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I ran my 83 with 35's and 3.73's.. no problems whatsoever... I wouldn't worry about it..

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. www.rocko.rockcrawler.com

13. sinchphoto

sinchphoto 1/2 ton status

my truck use to be 700/350/4:10's and did really good. pretty quick i might add.