Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

?tHINKING OF SELLING...??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5XLR8R, Nov 30, 2000.

1. K5XLR8R

K5XLR8R 1/2 ton status

OK, here's the deal..I've noticed that alot of the equipment that everyone seems to bad mouth happens to be on my rig :( ( for instance..NP208, 10 bolts,) I was just curious if these parts are "bad" only because most of you guys in here have more hardcore trail rigs...and if the equip. I have is fine for 32x11.5x15 wheels and moderate trail use....??...or, should I look into upgrading/selling...and if so, what would be some more favorable model years...oh yeah, mines an '86 Blazer 350 TH350 (I think it originally had a 4 speed?)

2. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

are you sure you have a 208 case and not a 205???
    you should not be hindered by what other peoples rigs destroy,,,although the 10 bolt's aren't exactly great they will hold up to some good abuse if you take care to change the fluid and install new bearings once and a while...mine lasted in my rig for over 260,000 miles and the only reason i removed it was because i plan on getting to some bigger trails next year which will require some tuff rearends...

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

Given your tire size and wheelin habits, I wouldn't worry about seeling your rig. The weakest link you mentioned is prabably your axles. But with your tire size, and a light foot, they should hold up ok. Just put a little money aside for the future, so if you do blow one up, you can upgrade. 12 bolts can be had at the wrecking yard for almost nothing. And they would bolt right in.

[​IMG]

4. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

most of us have what your describing with our 80s trucks, mines an 83. I have 10 bolts and the 208 with a 700r4, I have 33s also. I don't abuse it too much and always maintain fluids and such. don't sweat the components you have, just take care of them.....js

5. K5XLR8R

K5XLR8R 1/2 ton status

:) Thanks!!! :)

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Hell, I beat the crap outta my K5 and haven't broken anything....yet(*crossing fingers*). I do maintain everything very carefully though. I have a 305/700/10bolts and 31's

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]FUN WITH 31's![​IMG]