Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

thinking out loud..crew cab blazer idea..yes a pic too

Discussion in 'Center Of Gravity' started by supersize75, Dec 25, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

just thinking, sence I have this crew cab lying around, why not, my body is shot anyways, would be very different too, come on convince me to do it /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

[​IMG]
    here wer go!..

[​IMG]

The hard part was thinking about the rear doors, but the is the same way the Jeep Cherekee does them, I have the crew cab so why not, I figure since my body and frame are toast I could get the truck done and then swap my drive train or find a another motor for the crew cab.

here is my crew cab [​IMG]

2. supersize75

or...

[​IMG]

I think the rear over hang on the red one looks better though /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

ok here it is shorter [​IMG]

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

You could grab the doors off a Chev van and graft the wheel opening part onto the rear crew cab doors. You could probably even go as far as using the step/door inset part...

It'd be cool, and I've thought about doing the same a long time ago. I found a good donor tub though.

Rene

4. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

looks kinda like--well---a suburban, w/o a back---

5. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

ah dont do it, sell the body to a so cal guy so we can put it on his suburban.

6. supersize75

The blue one does, but the red one has more of a blazer wheelbase, I like the look alot /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I was thinking the same thing yoo as for the wheel openings, I'll look for an interior shot of an xj /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Think it would be cool.

Yesterday, I saw a rig that was suppose to a be a four door Bronco. That's what it looked like at least.

But the badges on it said F-150 Lariat and there was one of those custom conversion company badges on it also.

8. supersize75

I could just do it to my blazer, but I think using the crew cab would be easier /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

This will be sooo cool is I could do it! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9. 72beater

72beater 1/2 ton status

10. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i have always wanted a crew cab tub on a blazer frame and 4 link the rear to push the WB back so no need for modifying the tub. then flat bed the back. a few reasons for this.
    one, it makes a lot less work. two, it makes it so you would have a 90* departure angle. kind of like russ' buggy.
    i guess if i was in your position i would just end up cutting the crew car from the beginning. remove the bed, and chap the frame as needed. then link the rear.
    your idea of graphing it all together is not a bad one. but i think with the condition of the tub you would have a lot more work than you think doing it.

rene had a good idea of using van stuff to fix a few "problems" and would be the better way of doing it think.
    Grant

11. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

I say go for it!

It reminds me of an old land cruiser, but way better looking.

I'd also go with as short of a rear overhang as possible, make it match the front overhang maybe. That'd look way cool! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    No tailgate, prerunner style spare mount hanging out the back of the cargo area. I'd also slope the rear legs of the roll cage rather than making it look like a heep.

All in all it'd be one sweet custom ride, and a write up would be in order!

12. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Think it would be cool.

Yesterday, I saw a rig that was suppose to a be a four door Bronco. That's what it looked like at least.

But the badges on it said F-150 Lariat and there was one of those custom conversion company badges on it also.

[/ QUOTE ]
    bubba-centurion was/is a company doing those kinds of conversions on fords especially in the 90s.. cool setups..

supersize, i like the look of the first red drawing.. and the g-van doors that were mentioned would be a cool way to go with the rear openings..

13. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    Yeah, theres a centurian that rolls around our town, which is surprising considering the population of slightly over 10,000. I bet they're worth a mint, I'd love one, but I'd feel back to hack it up. Oh, and its a ford /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

14. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

15. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I was thinking about putting a crewcab on my Suburban frame. I think it would be a lot easier than doing it on a K5 frame because the frame is aready set up for the 2 sets of doors and passenger areas. Let me know if you ever want to get rid of the cab.

16. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

how about keeping the crew 'cab' in stock configuration remove the bed shorten the wheel base 12-16 inches and fab a custom 2' flat bed with integrated roll cage. i've been wanting to do this myself for about a year now.

17. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

so have you decided if you want to sell the cab?
    if so I am in vegas and can come pick it up. let me know that is real close to the same project that I am building right now.