Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thinking out loud

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BowtieRed, Jun 8, 2003.

1. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

I'm tired, and that's probably why i am even posting this idea, or question rather- would twin turbos on a 350 do very well? i was just thinkin i can get turbos for a lot less that superchargers, and i could do some custom tube work and buy some boost controls/gauges and that would be really original, and hopefully powerful. what all would it take? what kind of power could i get, has it been done? i could be "TwinTurBowtieRed" plus i just love that turbo whistle in Superduty (i don't consider them f*rds, they are their own brand, they can't be built by f*Rd, there's no way!) oh, could it work?

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

it would be a good thing yes. and the engine compartment room is there. a lot of work and a lot of money. i think by the time you are all done a blower from weiand or a bolt on supercharger would cost less. in all 3 cases you may need extensive engine mods, depending on how extream you want to take the boost.

on the better side i do love the whistle of a turbo.
    Grant