Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thinking very seriously about 3 link rear suspension

Discussion in 'Center Of Gravity' started by BlueBlazer, May 31, 2004.

1. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Feb 15, 2001
    Hey guys, I have finally gotten back to working on my K30 trail rig, and have come to the conclusion that I want to ditch the leaves in the rear in favor of a 3 link with Fox Air Shocks. The main reasons I want to do this is because I want to have less rear overhang and of course more flex in the rear. First off, the rig has no bed, just frame, fuel tank, and spare tire behind the cab, so there is not much weight in the back thus I think I can get away with the air shocks. The unfortunate thing is I do not have a lot of experience with link suspensions so I want to keep it simple. What I was thinking was taking the foremost rear leaf spring hangers and moving them up and using them as the frame mount for my parallel links. I will move them far enough forward to keep the bars as flat as possible but still keep them out of harms way. Any ideas on what I can use for ends that are the same width as the leafs and can be welded or threaded into some tubing? I really want to stay away from heims due to the cost and inferior wear as opposed to a poly bushing. Do you guys think this would work OK as I am not needing a ton of flex, just a good solid rear suspension that will take some abuse and not need worked on after every run I go on? Any other advice you want to give feel free, THANKS!