Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thinning the Gene Pool

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stickseler, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Man accidentally shot to death while using gun to beat dog; had told wife he planned to kill pooch
    By Associated Press, 1/24/2003 18:08

WINCHESTER, Va. (AP) A man trying to beat his dog to death with a gun was fatally wounded when it apparently went off accidentally, police said.

Raymond Poore Jr., 43, called his wife at work Thursday and told her that their dog had bitten him and he intended to kill the animal, police Capt. David Sobonya said.

The wife came home about 6 p.m. and found her husband unconscious, with a number of dog bites and scratches. Emergency medical personnel discovered that Poore had been shot. He was pronounced dead at Winchester Medical Center.

Sobonya said Poore must have beaten the 30-pound shar-pei with the gun that went off. He said the stock of the weapon, a combination rifle and shotgun, was broken and there appeared to be blood and dog hair on it.

The dog was in the custody of an animal control officer. Sobonya had no detail on how badly it was injured.

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I hope the dog will recover.

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Maybe he didnt get what he deserved but it doesnt break my heart.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

serves him right /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

That reminds me of a story I heard about some guy who was a known wife-beater... one day she was in her car trying to escape from him and he jumped on her car and started bashing the windshield with the butt-end of a shotgun. The guy ended up accidentally blowing his own brains out. Seemed like justice to me...

6. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    He was pronounced dead at Winchester Medical Center.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif How appropriate.

7. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

jacob

8. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

yeah that was on the news channel here, guess its just karma coming back around