Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

third gen camaro seats in a 74 k5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazey, May 13, 2004.

1. blazey

blazey Registered Member

I have purchased an awesome set of Camaro bucket seats to install in my 74 k5. They will look great! Has anyone done this swap before? They are out of a third gen camaro 82-92. Anything I should know before I try to install these bad boys? Will they bolt right up to the blazer seat tracks? Thanks and have a good one everybody!

Bob

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

No, they will NOT bolt right up to the seat tracks. You're going to have to make modifications to make them work. Not too hard to do, but it will take you a few hours to do it. It'd be a good saturday project if you have access to a welder and basic tools.

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I agree, they won't bolt right in. I installed seats from a '99 Cavalier in my '84. Just had to fab my own brackets to use the tracks that were with the seats. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Whats the difference in them? Is it width of the tracks, length between bolts, all of the above?

I just figured that would eventually be one of my swaps if I ever get sick of the stock truck buckets, the 3rdgen Camaro's seemed to share seat bolt pattern with a fair amount of other vehicles, I had hoped the K5's would too. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. blazey

blazey Registered Member

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Is it width of the tracks, length between bolts, all of the above

[/ QUOTE ]

All of the above, in addition to the way the seats themselves mount to the tracks. Next time I have mine out, I'll snap some pics of what I did.