Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

third Seat

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wdlima, Feb 27, 2001.

1. wdlima

wdlima Newbie

I always loved the K5 Blazer, but with four kids the Suburban seems the logical choice , but my wife thinks is too big. She then gave me a idea " Why not bolt a suburban seat as a third seat in the blazer?" . Well is it possible ? Is there anybody out there that knows how to do this? I've seen Durangos with third seats and ask myself why not a Blazer? I think is just a matter of installing a suburban "hook" on tha Blazer's cargo area to secure the seat . It would be really nice to drive the family around in one, because I hate minivans.
    Help me out!
    Daniel Lima elacerda@snet.net

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

From pictures that I've seen it look like it will almost not be possible for a 3rd seat but maybe if you could move the 2nd row closer to the first then that gives you alittle more room? Just out of curiosity . . . whied you refer to the durango? haha

[​IMG]

3. wdlima

wdlima Newbie

I refered to the Durango because I see it as a medium size truck it looks smaller than the blazer a least from tha outside.

4. Dragworm

Dragworm Registered Member

If you face the 3rd seat backwards like on the old station wagons there should be enough room.

So, which one of you is the brains of the operation?
    To tell you the truth it's not exactly a "brains" type operation.

5. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

The tourist off-road tours here in AZ have some K5 with 2 rear seats, I have not seen the the inside mounting, but I have seen 2 K5's and a Donco with seating for 6

6. achuskies69

achuskies69 1/2 ton status

<font color=green> ive seen a blazer that replaced the folding bench seat with a set of buckets, and i bet if you mounted them up a little closer you could get one of those universal fit suv seats that 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers has and mount it behind the second row buckets..
    the seats are made by Steel Horse and you can get a fold and tumble or a fixed seat
    F&T is 199.95 and the Fixed is 159.95

<font color=green> I love cowboy hats
    [​IMG]

7. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

I have a 75 sub with a 3rd seat its exactly the same as a blazer seat except it bolts down instead of hinging forward and ive seen the put in back to back just has less leg room great for kids also it sits slightly higher.If your close to Ca,you can have it really cheap.

88k5 silverado w4"lift soon to have <font color=orange>d44 and corp14ff</font color=orange> with 4.56s