Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Third time's the charm.. or, I picked up another Blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Desert Rat, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Third time\'s the charm.. or, I picked up another Blazer

Well, now I have to unload the 2 74 Blazers in my back yard for sure or I'm going to have to sleep with one eye open or the missus is going to do something horrible... Picked up a 76 Blazer today and I'm jacked. Price was reasonable and here it is:

[​IMG]

This thing came loaded with all kinds of goodies. NP205 TC, Edelbrock intake and Q-jet, Gear Vendors overdrive/underdrive, good Alpine CD player, dual batteries, nice Cobra CB, oil/trans/PS coolers, Ramsey 8k lb. winch, newer paint, and the thing is spotless inside and out. Belly up to the bar folks, a round on me cuz' I'm happier than a pup with two peters right now.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Here is another pic:

[​IMG]

Now when I get my Corp14ff and D60 finished, they will get swapped in w/ the TC 6" springs I also have waiting for me on the garage floor. Then it's crossover steering and some new bumpers and we are cooking with gas....

2. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

Re: Third time\'s the charm.. or, I picked up another Blazer

nice truck.this makes the second time in two days i have seen a winch mounted behind the stock front bumper.how was that done?

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

sweet and congrats /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Desert Rat

The winch is a Ramsey and according to the literature in the stack of receipts and brochures that the guy had, the mounting is made by Ramsey as well. But, I didn't see it listed on the Ramsey site. Here is the brochure:

[​IMG]

And thanks...

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

WOW! Nice truck man! I wish I could find a deal like that here--in my area all the 76 blazers are either long gone,or the few that are left look like swiss cheese,if you buy one here you dont need a ramp truck to get it home,just a dustpan and broom! There isnt even many left in the boneyards for parts around here now-when scrap went up to 50 bucks a ton recently,the yard I frequent crushed nearly all of the trucks from 1970-87 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif.Now what will I do?? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. But congrats on the fine truck there--If I live long enough maybe I can visit california or arizona and see what a rust free K5 looks like--dont see many around here!. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Nice score!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    WOW! Nice truck man! I wish I could find a deal like that here--in my area all the 76 blazers are either long gone,or the few that are left look like swiss cheese,if you buy one here you dont need a ramp truck to get it home,just a dustpan and broom! There isnt even many left in the boneyards for parts around here now-when scrap went up to 50 bucks a ton recently,the yard I frequent crushed nearly all of the trucks from 1970-87 .Now what will I do?? . But congrats on the fine truck there--If I live long enough maybe I can visit california or arizona and see what a rust free K5 looks like--dont see many around here!.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the feeling... even my '90 was destroyed by the plague. If you ever take the trip to see a rust free rig, take me with you. I want pics! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Desert Rat

I lucked out on this one. The guy I bought it from only had it a year and the guy he bought it from must have been one of those really anal guys who keep every receipt for every purchase/work they have every done. The file of receipts that came with it is huge. I even got the original factory stickers and paperwork along with the original shop manuals. There is very little rust on this rig at all. Oh, and I forgot to mention, it has the factory dash tach too.... I have a 74 that I just have to finish the wiring on that had some rust (I stripped the floor, repaired the small holes, and POR-15'ed it) and I have another 74 body that has a little rust on it that I will be selling as well. You can't get away from at least some rust even in California.....

9. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Very clean rig /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif