Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This b**ch makes me want to puke

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Feb 9, 2005.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Read this story the other day, made me proud. I printed up copies and made my whole office read them:

GJ soldier dies trying to save girl

By By DANIE HARRELSON The Daily Sentinel

Friday, February 04, 2005

Mr. Fixit, as Spc. Jonathan Kenney was so appropriately called, embarked last year on a great undertaking.

The 31-year-old soldier who liked to tinker with cars and recently moved to Grand Junction left behind his family to serve in Iraq.

It wouldn’t be a quick fix, but the man who loved to fix things died trying.

On Saturday, he stepped in front of a young Iraqi girl, one of many children caught in a crossfire in Baqouba, Iraq.

A bullet struck his heart, killing him instantly. He was less than two months into his deployment.........

Kenney served three years in the U.S. Army before joining the Colorado Army National Guard. He served with the 1-44 Air Defense Artillery Battalion, the same unit his wife would have served with. She was finishing up her training at Fort Bliss, Texas, when she learned of her husband’s death. As sole surviving parent of Joshua, she was honorably discharged, Derby said.

Jonathan Kenney is survived by his mother and stepfather, three brothers and one sister.

He will be buried next to his twin sister, who died at birth.

http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/content/news/stories/2005/02/04/2_4_1a_soldier_KIA.html

Sounds like a hero's story huh?
    It goes downhill quick........

Dead G.I. tale may be 'fraud'

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

By SALLY SPAULDING AND MARIJA VADER

The Daily Sentinel

Local and military authorities have been unable to confirm the existence of a Grand Junction soldier who was said to have died in Iraq on Jan. 29........

http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/content/news/stories/2005/02/08/Iraq_hoax.html

And now today......

False story meant to help friend, woman says

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

By SALLY SPAULDING, EMILY MORRIS and GARY HARMON

The Daily Sentinel

Sarah Kenney, the woman behind the tale of an imaginary soldier killed in Iraq, said she just wants it to all be over.

“I think I need some serious counseling,” 24-year-old Sarah said Tuesday at her singlewide in Candlewood Trailer Park. “This is the most serious lie I’ve ever told, but I’ve been caught in many lies.”

Wearing Moose Country 100.7 T-shirts, Sarah Kenney and her husband, Michael Kenney, 30, relayed the events of the past week leading up to Sarah’s admission she never had a husband serving in Iraq.

She admitted there was no Spc. Jonathan Kenney who died trying to save Iraqi children and that dozens of other details she relayed to Homefront Heroes, the local support group for soldiers’ families, were untrue.

http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/content/news/stories/2005/02/09/2_9_fraudulent_Iraq_death.html

And now there's a sh*tstorm over this piece of trash.......

Nonprofit group detected lies to late

Danie Harrelson

The Daily Sentinel

SEDALIA — The head of the Western Slope military support group that reported a Grand Junction soldier died in Iraq last week said she acted in good faith when she released news of the man’s death to local media.

“I would have never thought in a billion years that she was lying to me,” Homefront Heroes President Phyllis Derby said of the Grand Junction woman who claimed her husband was killed during a crossfire on Jan. 29.

http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/content/news/stories/2005/02/09/2_9_Derby_responds_WWW.html

Area military families upset about hoax

By ANN WINTERHOLTER

The Daily Sentinel

Last Saturday, James Shackelford was sitting at the National Guard Armory talking with several other guys about the Grand Junction soldier who got shot in Iraq protecting a little girl.

“Of course, we didn’t know it was fake then. Everybody was sad. And then to find out it was fake today ... what the heck?” said Shackelford, whose brother, U.S. Army Staff Sgt. Michael Bear Shackelford, died Nov. 28, 2004, in Ar Ramadi, Iraq.
    http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/content/news/stories/2005/02/09/2_9_Iraq_scam_reaction.html

Homefront Heroes officials appalled

By By MARIJA B. VADER The Daily Sentinel

The news of a fraudulent report of the death of a soldier shocked and angered the board of directors of Homefront Heroes, its secretary said Tuesday.

http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/content/news/stories/2005/02/09/2_9_Scam_Homefront_Heroes_WWW.html

Have a look at some true human garbage:

[​IMG]

Sorry this post was so long, I'm just pissed. My wife cried when she read the article. I hope some real soldier's families get hold of her sorry ass.

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

did they say why she really did it atention grab?

trying to get peoples money? for haveing a dead warhero husband?

3. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Counceling???? I've never heard it called that before! I know what she needs.:mad:

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Trailer trash. :surepal:

5. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Damn,

that girl was beat with the ugly stick, at first glance I thought that was the husband.

6. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

darkshadow; her family say's she has a history of telling outrageous lies:

"Relatives of Sarah Kenney confirmed she had a long history of lies, and Sarah’s grandmother said she was particularly worried for Sarah’s son Joshua — one of the truths Sarah weaved into her fictitious tale about the heroic death in Iraq.

It all started with a friend, Sarah Kenney said in explanation while swaying back and forth in her living-room rocking chair, while Michael paused his video game to listen. "

Holy crap, her husband must be a chode too, can't even get off the playstation while his wife is admitting this to a reporter.

southernspeed; yes, one on one counseling with the tip of my boot.

Tim, uh yeah, you caught that too? (you should see the park they live in, around here they call that area 32 and eightball road)

jiminycricket; I think she fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. She looks like a product of a combination of fetal alchohol syndrome and lead paint chip eating.

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Derby is the head of the organization that (erroneously) first released it:

Thanks to this woman's fiction, true greiving widows and widowers will be scrutinized even more suspiciously. Maybe they should be, but when you lose someone that important to you, do you really want someone doubting you first?
    I did this to someone once regarding september 11th and was wrong (they were legit), and I've felt like a heel about it ever since. I can understand the neccesity of being suspicious, but if people like this woman refrained from whatever it is she's seeking through this hoax, we wouldn't need to be suspicious.

I categorize this woman in the same class as the sick freaks phoning in bomb threats to buildings near ground zero in the days following 9/11.

8. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Overbreeding and degradation of the human spirit to a point where life is a self centered consumation

Reminds me of a show I wacthed on HBO, Autopsy something. Woman killed 9 of her kids and an adopted boy. For the attention she got from the funerals.

9. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Fixed it for ya :waytogo:

10. Resurrection_Joe

Well, that was really immature and assinine

-7 points

11. Desert Rat

Your point?

12. Resurrection_Joe

My point was:

Lets take for example Michael Moore

You can deconstruct his shoddy politics with your own, or a proper set, list definitive reasons why he's wrong, discuss why he is pandering to the media and the idiotic population of the country

OR

You can say "Moore needs a few more cheesebugers, that loser, I hate him, dumbass!"

Which has more meaning? Which will get you taken seriously? Which reflects better on you?

Also, you butchered my quote :)

13. Desert Rat

I say both for Micheal Moore, does that get me a MENSA pin for my lapel? :D Of course I butchered the quote, that was the whole point. It didn't diminish the original quote, just enhanced it for the vicious amongst us.......

14. Resurrection_Joe

Viciously retarded :D

15. Desert Rat

[​IMG]

XOXOXOXOXOXO

16. Resurrection_Joe

I feel sorry for that kid

Maybe he's on the net browsing and goes "GOD DAMN IT!!! ****ING SPECIAL OLYMPICS!!!"

17. Desert Rat

Or maybe he's saying "Hey, I'm getting even more than my fifteen minutes, life is good!"........ Maybe he and William Hung are getting chicks.....

18. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yet another person who needs a real ass kicking. She doesn't deserve to be tossed into the Saddam plastic shedder (like that moron professor from CO...) but she does need to be pimp slapped.

j