Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This Cop Is A Dummy!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by landsmasher, Feb 20, 2003.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

In LA the cops are puting uniformed maniquins in cruisers and parking them along busy highways in order to slow traffic down... Personaly I don't slow down when I see a cop pulled over to the side of the highway. Course I don't speed either...

2. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Florida has been doing this for years.

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

In NC there are a few highway patrol cars that are cut in half. Then they just attach a hitch to the back and put it behind a bridge, bush, or anything that could conceal the missing half. I've wanted to hook one up and drive away with it several times. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I lived in Omaha, Ne. for years. The Police dept. there will park a crusier in or around trouble areas just to intimadate crimanial. They don't know if the officers are around or not. Seams to work pretty good most of the times.

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I wish they would start putting fake parking tickets on my truck at the train station, too.

6. ds350

ds350 1/2 ton status

On Highway 17 to Santa Cruz, they have retired guys drive in Patrol cars for the sole purpose of slowing down traffic.

7. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Down here in South Texas, there is a little stinking craphole of a town called Driscol. The sole income for the town is speeding tickets. It is the typical speed trap taken to the extreme. Highway 70 runs through it and is a very high traffic road, and as such the police in Driscol (all 3 of them) feel they need to enforce the rediculous speed trap to the utmost letter of the law. Seriously, EVERY time I drive through there, there is someone pulled over getting a ticket. Sure, people that speed should get tickets but this town is rediculous. Oh yah back to th topic, out of the two police cars the town has, one is always sitting in the parking lot of a gas station in the middle of town right next to the highway with a stuffed pig in the seat wearing a straw hat. Not this decoy really isnt necesary, because anyone who drives through the town regularly KNOWS that the police WILL pull over ANYONE who is speeding, even if its 1 MPH over. And they dont issue warnings, if you get pulled over, you get a ticket.

8. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

Kenneth City in St. Pete is notoriously bad for pulling people over doing 1 and 2 miles over. I always do the exact speed limit through there. They also pull people over for Taillights, headlights, scratched paint, low tires, hair that's too long, you name it. And it's just a little suburb in St. Pete. I avoid it like the plague.

9. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I wish they would start putting fake parking tickets on my truck at the train station, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back when I was in High School we would take the first ticket we got that year and keep puting it on the car everytime we parked illeagle. When the cops figured it out (only once or twice) we would just move to a diferent side of the school for a week or so. Just make sure your up to date with your tickets, cops don't like tis kind of joke /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif its a camaro right????? i see that going to the dear lease every time. cops are horrible there.

jacob

11. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

I wish one of them pulled me over the other day instead of a real one!

12. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Wouldn't these be considered a speed trap and not be legal?

13. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I don't think you could call it a speed trap since a dummy can't write a ticket... They just put them there to slow traffic down. However I wonder about what would happen if someone slammed on thier brakes and caused an accident. Who would be liable for that? The rear-ender? The police dept? The city? The Dummy in the squad car? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

14. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I think the dummy would be responsible and they'd have to garner his wages. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

the rear ender is almost always responsible. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif