Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

this crap needs to stop...i am gettin tired of seein it

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chaz88K5, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

OK more and more i am seeing newbies comin in and they the senior members of this board just start bashin em because the new people dont know alot about their truck...that is BS /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif...we have all been at that point at some time in our life....so what if the same question has be posted before....come on people...just help em out and get them addicted to the K5 kraze like the rest of us /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifare!

2. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Bo

4. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

yea. i have seen some of this going on here and dont like it myself. i went and visited the pirate board the other day and asked a simple ? and got bashed. so i know how the newbies feel .but they are alot of good people on CK5 and they will be here when the others are long gone.

5. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

at times i go a little overboard but for the most part i try to keep my posts either gettin to the point or full on sarcastic i prefer the sarcastic ones..but thos stay in the off topic forum /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Whats with you and crap /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Chaz=ColonBlow /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i dont know...just one of thos freek things...and the colonblow web site i was lookin at was shown to me...i dident search to find it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Chaz, from now on, I would prefer if you would keep your thread titles from refering to your "problem." /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Hey Mr. Colon Blow!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Seriously, I admit I get tired of seeing some threads/posts that ask the same thing over and over and over, but I don't try to bash anyone for that. I just don't reply to it at all. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I think we've all been guilty of asking questions we could've just searched for. I know I am. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

11. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I am a newbie and I guess I expected a few jabs here and there. Newbie to this forum that is. Not a newbie to blazers though. So far I really like this forum and look forward to reading what everybody has to say. One thing that really encourges me to comeback is that everybody here is interested in building their rigs the "right way" or should I say the "safe way". I see alot of rigs on the road and I think about 50% are built the wrong way. The more newbies that are here the better. I don't want lifting trucks banned because some idiot with no knowledge or GUIDANCE lifted incorrectly and got somebody killed. OK getting long winded. stepping down from the soap box now.

12. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Hey Wes,

The moderator on your favorite board just layed down the lay about asking simple questions, and said if you don't have basic automotive skills, don't post stupid questions.

We were all "Newbies," and one time or another and have all probably asked stuupid questions. But it seems to me that if someone thinks a question is stupid or has been asked 500 time previously, don't waste your time and DON'T ANSWER IT!

13. pfloydmaster

pfloydmaster 1/2 ton status

I for one don't post a lot on this board (as you can tell) but I do monitor everyday looking for answers and tips on how to make the beast run and look better. I must agree that bashing the newbies and inexperienced is total crap. I've learned a lot from here and sometimes the verbal abuse dished out is totally unnecessary for those trying their best to make their rides look and perform good. The experience from everyone on this site is cherished otherwise we wouldn't come back now would we????? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

14. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Atta boy Chaz, I agree with you totally. Here we are, trying not to be a pirate-like forum, and some people are making it that way /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

15. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Hey Chazz
    I agree that any question is worth asking, there is no stupid question.
    The only problem I have is that there is a search option, there is a sticky on the top of each forum telling people to do a search first and then asking if they don't find their answer.
    At first I started telling a couple to do a search politely.
    After getting flamed for it, the next time I found a similar question, I did a search and posted a link.
    It took me 30 seconds to get 7 pages of answers.
    As you can see I have over a thousand posts, 3 of them were questions.
    Not because I know everything, but because when I have a question and need answers, the quickest way is to find the answers that are already there.
    Now I just read everything and when I find a NEW question I answer it, otherwise, I just keep reading.
    I don't believe in bashing anybody or badmouthing or giving crap, but like K30 guy said I just ignore them now.
    Please newbies, there is years of qustions here and you can get an instant answer if you know how to search on this site.
    My biggest problem is that I have to spend 2 hours everyday on this forum to go through all the threads to get to the few NEW questions that I want to contribute to, that is wasting my time, and the time of whoever is waiting for the answer.
    Again, I was a newbie a long time ago, and I appreciated the time someone gave me to learn, but I strongly suggest that you newbies search before asking, all your questions have been asked, and one time last month there was four threads at the same time about the same question, come on now don't you at least read the questions on the page you post on?
    No hard feelings /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Alright, this has been bothering me for a while! I see this crap all the time and it really gets on my nerves! First of all, as most of you know, or don't know me, I post very little compared to the rest of you that have been around as long as I have! But the truth is, if a newbie has a repetative question I know the answer too, or some input, I answer and refer to a search next time! It's that simple! I try and be as nice about it as I can! But this SH!# has too Stop:
    Abusive Crap On Diesel Page! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    I posted a simple post refering to Diesels and now it's the biggest mess right up there NEXT To Pirate!!!!! I hate Pirate, Don't go there, Cause there isn't anything there I can't learn here! Why are we allowing this crap to go on! I deleted the post hoping it would end the fued, but it still goes on!!!!!!!!!!! <font color="red"> WHY! </font color> /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

17. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

very nicely put and i agree with you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

i, too, saw where there was several questions pertaining to the same subjuect and all on the first page and wondered how many people might answer one, but just ignore the others, it seems they are sometimes asking the questions and not even looking at the rest of the page, but i also agree with chazz that i do not want this to turn into a flame fest, unless the poster blatantly asks for it (see jimbojunk) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

can't we all just get along

18. Marshall

Marshall 1/2 ton status

Thanks Chaz i appriciate that you are sticking up for us newbies /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

19. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I agree... and HOPE I'm not one that you are mad at! There have been a few recent incidents where a newbie comes out here and asks a question, gets a few good replies and then comes back just to flame the people that responded... IE:

CRACKED DIFF LINK

Just to name one...

I am all for being straight with newbies... but that have to be willing to reciprocate! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Dan

20. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

AND ON THE EIGHTH DAY STEVE FOX LOOKED AT WHAT HE MADE AT COLORADOK5.COM AND IT WAS GOOD. AND STEVE FOX SAID: LET THERE BE A SEARCH BUTTON. LET THERE BE ARCHIVES TO GO BACK AND SEE THE FRUITS AND FAILURES OF PAST BUILDS AND FABRICATIONS! STEVE FOX DID SO AND THERE WAS MUCH REJOYCING AMONG THE SENIOR MEMBERS. STEVE FOX SAW THIS AND SAID: "THIS IS GOOD"

:flipoff2: