Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This dang 203

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by justhorsinaround, Feb 17, 2004.

1. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Can one of y'all knowledgeable folks who knows all about these things possibly stop by one of these days soon and help me adjust our 203 so it doesn't pop out of 4 low? I can provide beer if that helps solidify the deal. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Thanks in advance and good luck.

Allan

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I'd come over and help if I knew about 203's. Sorry /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I don't know anything about adjusting the 203 (last one I had was around 1983-4) but it does not seem like it would be tough. Just make sure the bushings are good and that the lever movement allows it to fully engage the detents.

4. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I have the same issue on mine, usually I just bring a passenger and have them hold their foot on it /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Harley does a great job of it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. FWP

FWP CRS

Have you removed the shifter assembly, cleaned it, lubed it, and put it back in yet? If not, start there. Hope that helps. If I was a little closer, I'd stop by to help.

6. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Well i could probably swing by this weekend and help out with it, take a look at it and see what we can finger out, maybe Paul will show up if i do, he likes to tag along and annoy the hell out of me,,, /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

7. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Have you removed the shifter assembly, cleaned it, lubed it, and put it back in yet? If not, start there.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the best suggestion so far.......

I have a spare shifter if you wanna start w/ another one. So does BadDog... I saw it layin' in the rocks by his shop when I was there last time.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Marv

8. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

LOL, that is true. I've got a couple of them laying around from the 203s that became (or will become) doubler and the 203 we took out of my son's truck. If you need one, your welcome to it...

9. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

this looks like my new game plan /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif