Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This Doesn't Make Sense To Me

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TrcksR4ME, Aug 29, 2003.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

This Doesn\'t Make Sense To Me

I swap on a diff Q-Jet today, figure out an idle problem, but then I notice the fuel line is leaking around the inline fuel filter. It has never leaked before, but I think maybe its loose. So I disconnect the fuel line from the carb and it literally hosed the manifold down with gas /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Why would there be so much pressure in the fuel line? It has never done this to me before when I took the fuel line off. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif TIA

Naturally I'm trying to get a few things fixed so I can wheel this weekend, and so far I am making very minimul progress. I also don't want to be driving down the road and have the fuel line pop off and start spewing gas all over and start a fire or something. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

Re: This Doesn\'t Make Sense To Me

thats normal mike /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif..dont stress about it...mine does the same thing...i dont know why but it does /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Heh, thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

It "seems" to be working now, no leaking. I hate when something new happens when your working on something and you don't know if its normal or not cause its never done that before. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ahhh, what would I do without wrenching on my junk...besides be happoer and cleaner /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

was the engine warm??? That will pressurize the fuel... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

5. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

No, I hadn't run it much at all today, I had just run a few minutes before I pulled the line off so maybe that had something to do with it. Oh well I guess, as long as its workin now /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif