Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"This dude jumped in the lake"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Jul 4, 2005.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Wilmington Man Attacked by Alligator in Lake

By The Associated Press
    (07/04/05 - WILMINGTON) — A 10-foot-long alligator chomped down on a man's right arm then let him go while the man was swimming in a lake Sunday afternoon, officials said.

Floyd Masters, who's around 40, was treated for unknown injuries Sunday night at New Hanover Regional Medical Center. The injuries are not life-threatening, said Wilmington police Lt. J.D. Varrone.

Masters, of Wilmington, told police he was swimming in Greenfield Lake when he was attacked by the powerful reptile near a wooden observation deck overlooking the water. Signs prohibiting swimming or disturbing alligators are posted around the lake.

Mike Core was standing on the deck with a friend when he saw a man go into the lake behind the city pumping station.

"This dude jumped in the lake and we saw him bobbing along in the water and we saw the alligator coming," Core said. The alligator made a beeline toward the disturbance in the water created by Masters, witnesses said.

"It latched right on to him. It was cutting right across the water and it got him," Core said. "I kept telling him, 'The alligator's coming. Get out! Get out!' "

Core and his friend were able to get Masters away from the shoreline, and he used his shirt to make a tourniquet for the bleeding arm. Core said Masters also had bite marks on his chest, stomach and hand.

State wildlife officials and local police are investigating. Masters was not available for comment

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

I don't know if any of y'all have ever seen Greenfield lake, but it's NASTY. It's in the ghetto and it's NASTY. I have no idea what that guy was thinking.

3. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Another honerable mention for the Darwin awards.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I heard stories about people being sterilized in the early 20th century so they couldn't make more idiots ....... why did we stop ? :ignore:

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

make it idiot proof, and someone will make a better (or worse) idiot!

6. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Umm, cuz it was also done by this guy named Hitler... you might remember him. Just like it's patently obvious to you and me that this guy shouldn't breed, it was patently obvious to Adolf that Jews and blacks and anyone who wasn't blonde and blue-eyed and physically perfect .... shouldn't breed. :thinking:

-- A

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Eugenics is a fun idea in theory, but in all practicality, immoral