Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

this golf season....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ryoken, Sep 6, 2005.

1. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i know alot of you think its ghey, etc, but i remember a few of you played...

personally, i've barely played... really haven't been able to afford it and the weather wasn't the best till recently either... i've only played 3 rounds this year, twice this weekend...

was pretty happy with both rounds this weekend, shot low 80's with a couple birdies and quite a few pars in each round... funny thing is, my chipping is usually my strong suit and thats been the worst part of my game.. putting has been suprisingly good (changed to a different grip last year) and i've been smokin it off the tee..

i love driving the ball, by far my fave aspect of the game.. pretty confident with it lately, 280ish with a little fade every time... now if i could just hit a long iron decent... :doah:

hope to play a fair amount this fall after missing so much this summer... how has your golf game been this summer?

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I play golf like I play basketball, very comical for anyone watching me but both are endevers in futility. I only have the agility to open beer and pull triggers. dribbling and running at the same time or the mechanics of a golf swing are lost on me... :crazy:

3. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I play and this weekend I reached a milestone in my game.

I didn't lose one single ball for 18 holes, this may seem weak to some people but I am happy. :D

4. ryoken

haha, understandable.... ;) we call my old roomie the "windmill".. pretty comical to watch.. but as long as he's having fun, thats all that counts.. my sis wants to learn but i have serious doubts.. shes the most non-athletic person i know...

to this day, i still say the golf swing is the most difficult sport maneuver to perform.. some argue hitting a fastball, but i think its an effective repeatable golf swing..

real easy to look like a dork in b-ball too, whitemans desease i guess, whatever.. i actually excelled at it in high school varsity.. pretty good style and the only white guy in the school that could dunk.. :wink1:

i attribute many of my knee issues to that game, tho skating pools over the years has obviously done major damage too...

i just love smacking the chit outta that little white ball... :woot:

5. ryoken

hey me too! :bow: :D

normally i'm good for at least a 1/2 dozen balls... depends on the course i'm playing... i've played rounds on tough courses and lost a dozen balls.. lucked out this weekend...

the worst is when ya lose em under leaves or something.. that sucks.. your like, i know its right here damn it!!! :doah: :mad: :haha:

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I'm too damn stiff to play golf

7. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I had been using the same clubs for about 15 years until this spring. I finally splurged and bought a set of Adams clubs and a Ping G2 driver. I highly reccomend. :wink1: These new clubs made a change in my game, and it IS NOT phsycological. :rolleyes: