Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This guy hates Chevs????????!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Can Can, Mar 23, 2000.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Email this loser and let him know that Chevs rule!!!!!!!!!!! He replied(by personal email) to a posting I left on a Chev diesel board and told me basically that my 6.2 is garbage. So do me a favor and spend a moment with this dummy and tune him in.

His email isCOMCLIMSP@aol.com.

BTW, he drives a straight-six ford!!!!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks guys

2. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Ya know my friend...the one nicest things about this forum is that it allows all of us to express our opinion or views if you will. Just because this gentleman has a different view than someone else does not mean it requires him to be deluged with email condeming his view. Where would we be then...... Just my 2 cents worth...

<font color=green>Eagle86K5[​IMG]

<font color=red>Only guy I know that can get out of line in a one car funeral

3. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Yes I agree with you Eagle. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

4. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

And people wonder why there are wars in this world!

Come on, give him a break! There are some people who just have bad luck on one brand (on anything, not only trucks), even if that brand is good. I think attacking him will only make him hate Chevrolets even more. Why don't you have an intelligent chat with him and try to convince him of trying a Chevy once more. There's a better chance of him liking Chevys by tasting them once more, than having a stampede of Blazer owners attacking him.[​IMG]

<font color=purple>////////
    Drive it like gas is </font color=purple><font color=red>$2.00/gal!!!</font color=red>
    [​IMG]

5. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Canmore,
    Don't know what your conversation with him exactly was but my opinion is that 6.2L's in general are a horrible motor. This comes from a technician that has worked on them for 11 years and drivin them for about the same. Remember the 5.7L diesel? It was worse than the 6.2L. I have been drivin and working on the 6.5L both turbo and non-turbo engine since it came out. Can't complain about it and I can't wait till the Duramax 6600 comes out.
    It's nothing personal but I just don't like the 6.2L and you may not like my gas guzzling 327 but that's O.K. cause we all have different tastes. If it weren't for different opinions everyone would own one type of vehicle. Then what fun would the world be?

Chevy lover to the bone but trying to keep an open mind on others opinions,
    David 75K5

P.S. The ford guy was just showing how tasteless he is by emailing you that nasty gram.

[​IMG]http://www.renschler.org/~goldrush

6. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

For what it's worth, I hate Chevy's too. Seriously... Everyone who has ever driven one knows they suck. Right Everyone? But what is our alternitive? It's pretty much like MS Windows,,, yeah, there are other OS's and other trucks,, but MS and Chevy are the most common and probably the best of what we have to choose from, but Chevy and Quality have NEVER gone together very well. If Toyota made a comperable vehicle, I would be driving it. Bring on the Flames,, I'm flame resistant.[​IMG]

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

Every make of truck has it's good points and bad points. The Toyota T100's interior is cr*p. The lowest model of Chevy pickups has a nicer interior. The Toyota Land Cruiser is a comparable vehicle to a Blazer and you don't own one so I guess you know which is better. Like the rest of the posts said everyone has the right to there own opinion, but knocking Chevy's on the K5 page is ignorant.
    CB

8. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

Show me one Land Cruiser that is the same size as the K5, with the same power, between 76 and 91 that I could buy for $3000 - $10000.
    Don't see how you can say a $26000-$50000 Land Cruizer, being of approximate size and power, is comparable to a K5.
    The older LC's that you could pick up for $3k-$10k are comparable to a Jeep, not a K5.
    You're right about the T100,, it's a underpowered, lame interior truck.
    I choose to drive a K5 because of it's features.. ie, size, power, availablilty and price of parts, but to
    ignore the lack of quality is being ignorant.

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

9. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

I don't have any quality issues with my 1973 K5 with 262,000 miles on it. What specific quality issues do you have with your Blazer. So you agree that it is ignorant to knock Chevys on a K5 page. I thought you were flame resistant?
    CB

10. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

I have most of the same problems most everyone else here has. If you don't, then you are a lucky guy.
    Power windows failing, both my tailgates are rusted and cracked in the same place, tailgate hinges rotting off,
    I bought both my K5's with no rear window cranks, and the one replacement original GM crank I have bought so far, busted the day I put it on. I can understand a few years of a problem, but when they let it go on for 20+ years, that to me is UNACCEPTABLE. But, as I said before, I have to deal with these problems, because I have no other choise of vehicle that would serve my purpose.
    Not sure where you got that I agreed it was ignorant to knock K5's on this page...... I'm just stating the facts.
    If you feel that all the common problems people encounter on this list are acceptable, then you have a quality vehicle.
    I, on the other hand, have owned a lot of cars and trucks that don't have anywhere near the number of common and similar problems that are discussed not only on this list, but most American Car/Truck lists.
    I will posts some links when I get home that you might find enlightening.

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

11. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

Hey Blazer79, you might want to try your hand at politics.[​IMG]

I don't hate Fords just because they are Fords. I hate the whole us vs. them thing, and hey I'm a Chevy lover so I go on the side of Chevy. I'll admit my wife has a Ford SHO Taurus. I love it. But I'd never buy any other Ford product, nor will I in the future. If Ford did one thing right it was the 94 SHO. I think they (Ford) have nicer interiors and creature comforts / ergonomics, but Chevy otherwise rules in the big 3 American co's. Baseball, Apple Pie, and good ol' Chevrolet !!

[​IMG]

BTW: I've owned a Chevy extended cab pickup and a Ford extended cab pickup and the Chevy was FAR superior in every way to the Ford, EXCEPT for the ergonomics.

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado
    thunderdog@metallica.com

12. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

So you think that GM should have made a window crank strong enough that no one could break it. So when the rear window jambs up because you have never lubed or adjusted it, it breaks the window or the track inside the tailgate. Then you would complain about the cheap quality of the glass. The rear window is a big unsupported piece of glass, it's going to eventually need to be readjusted. My rear glass started to stick so I took the panel off and lined it back up and lubed the mechanism. It works smooth now. If I had continued to crank on it it probably would have broken. Besides I thought the later hardtops had liftgates, not crank up windows. Your tailgate rusted in a rustbelt state? The new Land Cruisers weigh almost as much as a 2 door Tahoe. How much do you think a loaded Tahoe costs, $30,000. Yes I think they are very similar. The window crank on the driver's side door broke three times on my Dad's 84 Toyota pickup. I still don't think it's appropriate to blast Chevy's on the K5 page, maybe you could post your quality opinions on a Toyota page.
    CB

13. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

Yes, I think GM should make a crank that won't break when the window is operating properly, which mine is. Strike 1
    I didn't say anything about Tahoe tailgates, I said K5
    Strike 2
    Yes, the Land Cruiser compares with the Tahoe, I said, and I quote, "Don't see how you can say a $26000-$50000 Land Cruizer, being of approximate size and power, is comparable to a K5."
    A Tahoe is not a K5
    Strike 3 ----- YOU"RE OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s... why would I go to a Toyota site and talk about the quality of a Chevy?

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

14. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Can't we all just...(sob) get along??

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!
    [​IMG] So many ideas, so little money...

15. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Alright....this just stinks...every manufacturer has problems and quirks w/their vehicles be it a ford,chevy, dodge,isuzu,international...bottom line is K5's rock!!!...quirks & all (except that whole rear tailpan rust deal...that's some rough stuff) Oh yeah...i do think that guy was a jerk to go out of his way to e-mail you telling you that your truck sucks....that's just sooo not right.

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

16. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

Amen Brother, It just stinks that, we as consumers, have to put up with the lack of quality and service in today's society. I see it every day and I hate it. All because we either do not have a choice of another product or place of business to deal with, or regardless of the few places or different brands you've tried, they all had a crapy product or crapy service.
    Granted, there are some great products and some great places to do business with, and I go back to them and tell my friends about them time after time. But it just seems that those places of businesses and those products are getting harder and harder to find.

Sorry for the rant..........

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

17. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Well, I started quite an internal $h!tstorm with my post..............that was not my intention. I agree with the first few posts that maybe I was out of line to ask you guys to email the idiot, but I was pretty hot when I received his email. Just one question: If any of you(other than todd78/87, obviously) had received an email regarding your Blazer from someone who just decided to be an a$$hole, you might be tempted to respond likewise. To those who support me, thanks, to those who don't, well, I guess you're entitled to your opinions.............BUT, before you judge me, put yourself in my shoes for ten seconds!!!!!!!

18. Blade

Blade Registered Member

Whenever you make someone mad... try to walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away from him, and have his shoes. [​IMG]

[​IMG] Blade

19. DangerB

DangerB 1/2 ton status

Its cool, we all handle things our own way. I give all trucks and all drivers equal treatment. Unless they talk smack about my truck, then you may need to pull me off of em. And thats a good idea to take they're shoes, Ill do that.

DangerBrett[​IMG]
    <font color=blue>harder, faster, longer, stronger</font color=blue>

20. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I've thought a lot about this and yes, my initial response was anger that someone would post that they hate chevy's, then I got to thinking, I don't HATE chevy's, but I do disagree with some of their decisions. Killing off the fullsize Impala comes to mind. I do agree with you Todd that choices for the perfect vehicle are slim. I think that the Blazer best suits me, and what I want to do, mostly. If it was perfect then I wouldn't be changing stuff daily. All vehicles are that way. My father bought a new dodge and had it in the shop with 4 miles on it getting it customized to fit him better. What we have to do is find the vehicle that comes the closest to fitting our needs and then tweak it to be what we want. A new Hummer would be nice but it just doesn't fit my needs and I don't see a point in buying something that pricey, when it won't do the same things my Blazer will. Don't get me wrong, I love my Blazer and will never sell it, ever! It is the only vehicle that I have ever owned that filled the needs for daily driver, tow vehicle, work truck, and general play toy. There are some quirks that come to mind but I will live with them or change them. It's this way with all vehicles, even Toyota's. If that Supra had done what you wanted it to when you bought it then you would have never changed it, right. All vehicles take a little tweaking to get were we want them and a chevy is a great platform to start from.

My $0.02
    Kyle
    89K5

P.S. Todd, My mom loves her Toyota, the safety enhancements saved her life when a guy hit her behind the drivers door at 60 mph. She now drives a new Avalon.