Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This guy is proud -Ebay

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5freak44, Jun 3, 2005.

1. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

2. muddog

muddog 1/2 ton status

Yeah...he always ask a lot for his vehicles...he gets it usually too. I have had quite a few people call me looking for parts. I always ask where they got the vehicle. When they tell me from him. I just laugh to myself knowing they overpaid, but at the same time wondering why I can barely sell them for $2000 less. :confused:

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

only certified a$$holes like them can be alowed to get that much. good guys like all of use get the short end of the stick.:cool1:

4. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

thats messed up, even that blazer he has for sale. no paint, no interior, tons of miles and i got my 91 for a grand less

5. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

He is here in Great Falls. If anyone is interested in his stuff, let me know and I'll track him down for you - and look at the vehicles or parts.....

6. 79 blazer

79 blazer 1/2 ton status

anyone know where you can get those fame extension braket things that the shackles connect to on the m1008's. i want to put some of those on my 79

7. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

ditto

8. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

There's a place by Ogden, Ut. that has them. The last time I checked they were $80 a pair I think, without the clevis. It's been awhile since I talked to them though. I can't remember the name of the place off of the top of my head. If I think of it, I'll post it up later.

Rick

9. muddog

muddog 1/2 ton status

ummm....i happen to know where quite a few sets(for the front, no rears right now) are :D , but on your 79 i think you have to modify something on the front of the frame. They'll bolt right onto a 91 though...you may pm dremu on here....he bought a set and had the older frame...pm me if interested with a zip and I can shoot you a price shipped.

edit: definatley not going to be close to $80 a pair...i think he is referring to boyce equipment....

10. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

LOL. Yeah, I have some expertise with mounting the CUCV shackles to both the 73-80 and 81+ frames.

Honestly, the "frame extensions" are not ... they're just rectangular tubing. Even the Army says they're not to be used as lift points, i.e. you can't hang the thing under a Chinook by the shackles the way you can with a HMMWV. It's just a foot-long chunk of metal bolted to the frame is all. (They are to be used as tie-downs, onto a 'sled' or a lift platform.)

I have the dimensions somewhere, but I seem to recall 1.5 x 2" tubing, maybe .187" wall ... don't think it's even 1/4".

I seem to recall that the back ones fit pretty well, by using some of the factory bumper holes in the frame. Obviously you'll need to cut a hole in your bumper, or use a CUCV bumper, to fit the tube through. Also note that the CUCV bumpers are for the 1981+ frames, and won't fit the 73-80 directly. (I ended up just cutting a hole in my original bumper up front, it was easier than trying to fab bracketry to make the bumper fit.)

Oh, and I only know about the M1009's, the Blazers; the 1008's (pickups) are different, as they have a step bumper in back ... but prolly the same, different 73-80 than for 81+.

HTH; feel free to PM me or start another thread -- I think we've hijacked this one enough :) -- for more details.

-- A

11. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

PM sent

12. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

Boyce Equipment is who I was talking about. I talked to them about 2 years ago and that's the price he gave me for the shackles.

Rick