Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This happens every fall.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Oct 8, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Seems like every year at this time, this happens.

You know that feeling, where everything is ok, nothing is majorly wrong, you have your bases covered, and the world is happy with you?

Then all of a sudden, WHAM! Unexpected stuff comes up. In my case, its money issues. To make a previous deal "right" with a friend I gave him my 241 T-case and still need to give him $200 to settle up. I just got a $101 ticket. I can't find my insurance card. Someone at work complained. My crew cab got a flat tire. My motorhome needs an alternator which costs about $100 and it needs to get re-assembled tomorrow. I have $1. I still have no wife or girlfriend. And I look like a caveman.

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Whats next?

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You could have your own business that hasn't made you any money in 6 months of being open, have a $180 phone bill relating to that, a $365 insurance bill, a credit card debt, no girlfriend, and a job interview tomorrow like I do.

Oh well, at least I dont look like a caveman. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

this time of the year ? huh ? uhh dont you mean all year round all the time constantly ?
    its always something in this life that goes to crap at any given time, sometimes several things, sets you back so far that you are pissed and want to blow up something, sick of it all,
    millions of ppl have money issues,

life iis constantly like this, esepcially for the last couple years now

at least youre in WA where old and cleaner vehicles exist still, i would trade you in a heartbeat, i dont think you guys get that much of snow and freezing cold either, well maybe not in lower elevations anyways, i dunno, id have to talk to someoen i know here in town thats from over up there to find out details like that, but i do know the old and cleaner vehicles exist there especally trucks !

im my case im 10k in debt and struggling everyday to find soem food, i dont have the means to get anything els ein life like a cell phone or go out and have any fun any nights, or go out of town, cant afford the gas, or anything else actually, so i am still living like poverty and redneck all the way, not having very much of a life at all, so im pissed at life, sick of it, all life is about is the money and trying to keep the damned government from screwing us over some more, and trying to survive and so forth

no insurance, got teeeth that ar severely rotted that need to come out ASAP and cant do a damned thing about it, dental work is too much $, and visiting a doctors office ? haha right, no way in hell can afford that anytime soon either, i havent gone to a doctors office ever, i just hope that i never have to,

i dont know how some ppl are doing it, some ppl seem to be unaffected by these times right now, have decent vehicles, phones, go on trips out of state or country, have money to toss away in some kind of investment procedure, i dont get it.,,.
    poor get poorer until they are just plain poor and the richer just seem to get richer no matter whats going on in the world around them and they are all like oh everythings fine and dandy no problems,

makes me sick,

good luck

4. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    this time of the year ? huh ? uhh dont you mean all year round all the time constantly ?
    its always something in this life that goes to crap at any given time, sometimes several things, sets you back so far that you are pissed and want to blow up something, sick of it all,
    millions of ppl have money issues,

life iis constantly like this, esepcially for the last couple years now

at least youre in WA where old and cleaner vehicles exist still, i would trade you in a heartbeat, i dont think you guys get that much of snow and freezing cold either, well maybe not in lower elevations anyways, i dunno, id have to talk to someoen i know here in town thats from over up there to find out details like that, but i do know the old and cleaner vehicles exist there especally trucks !

im my case im 10k in debt and struggling everyday to find soem food, i dont have the means to get anything els ein life like a cell phone or go out and have any fun any nights, or go out of town, cant afford the gas, or anything else actually, so i am still living like poverty and redneck all the way, not having very much of a life at all, so im pissed at life, sick of it, all life is about is the money and trying to keep the damned government from screwing us over some more, and trying to survive and so forth

no insurance, got teeeth that ar severely rotted that need to come out ASAP and cant do a damned thing about it, dental work is too much $, and visiting a doctors office ? haha right, no way in hell can afford that anytime soon either, i havent gone to a doctors office ever, i just hope that i never have to,

i dont know how some ppl are doing it, some ppl seem to be unaffected by these times right now, have decent vehicles, phones, go on trips out of state or country, have money to toss away in some kind of investment procedure, i dont get it.,,.
    poor get poorer until they are just plain poor and the richer just seem to get richer no matter whats going on in the world around them and they are all like oh everythings fine and dandy no problems,

makes me sick,

good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

Mcdondalds, dishwasher, maintenance, field worker,mow lawns, etc.....jobs exist. Start at the bottom. You can visit any emergency room in the country if your really need a doctor. There are dentist who donate services to the poor. Pick your self up and get moving. Sounds like you have clinical depression which requires medication, again which can be prescribed to needy folks for little to nothing. My bro works in Social Services, so don't tell me its not possible.

5. mountainexplorer

[ QUOTE ]
    You could have your own business that hasn't made you any money in 6 months of being open, have a $180 phone bill relating to that, a $365 insurance bill, a credit card debt, no girlfriend, and a job interview tomorrow like I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres always next year.

6. mountainexplorer

I totally understand how the difficulties of life can be, with every day being behind, living from paycheck to paycheck, trying to just make it. I feel bad for having lived the "cushy" life. Sometimes I wish I could just throw off all my responsibilities, and give away all the "stuff" I have to more deserving people. By no means do I have alot of money, but I have alot of things.

I think sometimes God has to send me a wake-up call, saying, "Hey, don't take what you have for granted, cause I gave it to you and can take it away, too". So, I have to be thankful for stuff, and not complain. Sure, I do complain some, like that post. It's more of a "yearly theme" for me cause something always goes wrong in early October every year.

My problem is greed. I want more stuff. I dont want to turn things loose. I want to maximize profits. I want to make money to re-invest into more stuff to turn more profit. I suppose these are some principles of business, but I feel like a Scrooge at times as a person.

Like I said, I wish I could give away what I have at times, cause I don't deserve at all. But as life goes, I have to take the opportunities I have and try to make the most of what my dad left to me and what I have built up so far. I try my best to share it all when I can.

It bothers me when I see the blind people who live their high-class lives and don't even comprehend the world around them. So many times it bugs me at the fact that we have TV shows and so much money in society is spent on home decorating or fancy clothes and styles, when some people barely have enough to eat, or can barely pay off debts.

I know many people on both ends of the spectrum. I wish I had a solution to lives problems, but about the only life I can influence is my own.

So, I just need to get through my little money shortage for the time being, with hopes of getting another Dana 60 front as my motivation (I guess a other form of greed /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

7. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

This summer I had worked out of town A lot and have been home for 1 day a week at most. So i had all my utilities unhooked and stayed at my parents while in town. Yesterday i got back to town for good and went to get everything hooked back up but my water bill never stopped. I have to pay them over 400$ before they will hook it up. They asked if I had a copy of the note i sent them. I said "no, but i can get you a copy by monday" then the lady said "ok have a nice weekend and see you monday" I mean just look at the last 5 months and see that i used 0 gallons of water! Sorry if i hijacked. rant over

james

8. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE! I'm sick of crap going souith! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. mountainexplorer

Ok, so today, I went to go see how my parts ad came out for the weekend. I went and looked through the paper... and it wasn't even there. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I was counting on selling stuff for money this weekend, but now I dont have any extra money.

Just yesterday, I spent at least $80 in gas hauling in two cars for the monster truck show, then one more today. I got a free ticket to watch. Then they kicked me out of the pit area cause I didnt pay to have a pit pass and wasn't running one of my vehicles (I didn't enter cause my $40 entry fee went to pay for the means of hauling those cars in). So, I didn't get to enter, and I had to go sit in the stands with the crowd on the other side.

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres always next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got a job today, Randy should try this!!

Applied Wednesday, got a call yesterday, went in for an interview, and was offered a job 45 seconds after getting in to talk to the people. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

take your $1, and buy a Bic razor. go job hunting. find better job.

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i remember a few days ago, and an "i still have thousands in my bank account" comment. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

13. mountainexplorer

I used my last dollar and some spare change at the car wash. It was enough to wash the back half of the '84 K5 so I could put mud flaps on.

My job at the radiator shop was paying me $10.25 and hour, and I know they'd want me back any day I'd be willing to work, but I'm tired of dealing with the chemicals and stuff. I want to start my own business eventually. Right now I'm still working a couple hours a night cleaning.

I'm just too lazy to shave.

14. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i know shaveing sucks i only do it when i have to 3 times a week usualy, or when ever someone asks me if my boss (who is an asshat) is my dad. so i go shave trying to look acetable.

try to learn a trade it is a great thing to fall on. i got layed of last feb or march, and is some brick laying for a few weeks then when back to my old boss welding ornamental stuff railings and fences mostly, for 17 bucks an hour as a contractor, and if he pisses me off to much, i know a friend who will probly hire me as a framer in a second!

why don't you sell a 60 or two? ill take one. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. mountainexplorer

I don't have any 60's...

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

... none for sale at least.

I'm telling myself that after 2 more 60's I'll start working on the "waiting list" of people I know who are looking.