Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This has got to be the strangest LEO story I've read in a long time.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cbbr, Jan 23, 2006.

1. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Man puts legs into assault on trooper

[​IMG]

Published January 22, 2006

By LAURA McVICKER</SPAN> H&N Staff Writer

A Chemult man was arrested Saturday after authorities say he threw both his prosthetic legs at an Oregon State Police trooper.
    Joel W. Kackstetter, 53, was booked in the Klamath County Jail on suspicion of menacing, assaulting an officer, interference with an officer, criminal conspiracy and resisting arrest. His bail was set at $45,000.

Kackstetter was a passenger in a vehicle driven by Adam Kackstetter, 26, of Chemult, who was stopped by OSP trooper Don Newcomb at about 12:30 a.m. by authorities for allegedly driving the wrong direction on Highway 97, just north of Chemult.

According to an OSP report, Newcomb asked the driver to leave the vehicle after smelling alcohol on his breath and noticing he had glassy, bloodshot eyes. The driver refused. Joel Kackstetter then got out of the sports utility vehicle, shouting, “Let's get him.” Authorities say that Joel Kackstetter charged at the trooper, telling him he would rip his head off. The trooper then kicked him in the chest.

Meanwhile, reports say, Adam Kackstetter got out the car and approached the trooper from behind. Newcomb handcuffed him.

Joel Kackstetter then charged Newcomb, verbally threatening him.

“The passenger stated that he had an AK-47 and a bullet with my name on it as he walked away from the vehicles towards the woods,” Newcomb wrote in the OSP report.
    [​IMG]
    Newcomb took the driver to his patrol car, and then he chased down Joel Kackstetter and kicked him from behind.
    After falling to the ground, Joel Kackstetter hurled both of his prosthetic legs at Newcomb, reports state. One hit him in the chest and the other missed him. Following the incident, an OSP sergeant was called to the scene.

“I'm sure he felt it was threatening,” said OSP trooper Mike Mayer, who is stationed in Gilchrist.

Adam Kackstetter also was booked Saturday in the Klamath County Jail on charges of driving under the influence, reckless driving, resisting arrest and attempted assault of an officer. His blood alcohol level was .10 percent four hours after the incident, according to the OSP report. His bail was set at $20,000.

http://www.heraldandnews.com/articles/2006/01/22/news/local_news/local2.txt

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I can see this one now.........................................

(S) Dumbass fell to the ground after I applied a foot strike to his chest cavity. (S) Dumbass then removed both of his legs and assaulted me with them by throwing the legs at me. After I was able to regain my composure from (S) Dumbass's drunken mischief, I placed him into custody and carried him to the back seat of my patrol car. I confiscated his legs as evidence.:D

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I've never heard of an officer kicking someone before. I dont have a problem with it, but it is hilarious...

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ass kicking contest with a double amputee? :haha:

5. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

his legs are now in a locked room waiting for a trial in 6 months, I wish.

6. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I like that- attempted assault!

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Its tough to throw a leg straight when you are drunk. Or its your leg. Or both.:D