Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This irritates me...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shewheeler, Mar 20, 2003.

1. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I'm all for everyone being able to do their own thing. I'm an American, dammit/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif You wanna protest, you go right ahead and protest till you're blue in the face -- as long as it doesn't affect my life. WTF do these people think they are doing? Do they really think they are going to stop the war with this kind of $hit? How does your right to protest take precedence over my right to go out and make a living? I'm so glad I don't live in the City. I might have to hurt someone /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

http://www.nbc11.com/iraq/2052788/detail.html
    http://www.nbc11.com/iraq/2044954/detail.html

and this... more stupidity/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Go thing to be driving a K5. You'd be able to just crawl over the crapheads in your way !!!! LOL !!!!!!

3. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

Arrest them and send them over to lay down in front of an M1-A1...don't think they'll be there long!!!! OH no I know....send them to Saddam (if he's still there) and let him do to them what he has done to his own people!!!! See how those Fawkwads think then!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You wanna protest, you go right ahead and protest till your blue in the face -- as long as it doesn't affect my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could not agree more.

I actually heard a guy call into a radio show last night and said he watched an older couple in the grocery store call a solder a "baby killer" while he was standing in line to get groceries.

Needless to say, that generated ALOT of calls to the show and someone actually came up with the idea that has been around for many years. The next time you see a soldier at the grocery store or in a restaurant with his/her family, go ahead and pick up their tab.

I had someone do this for me and my wife (girlfriend at that time) during Desert Storm. I was wearing my Class B's and we were having dinner at "The Keg" and the waiter came by and told us that somebody wanted to say "thanks for serving" and they picked up our tab.

I never found out who it was but I'll never forget it!

5. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The next time you see a soldier at the grocery store or in a restaurant with his/her family, go ahead and pick up their tab.

I had someone do this for me and my wife (girlfriend at that time) during Desert Storm. I was wearing my Class B's and we were having dinner at "The Keg" and the waiter came by and told us that somebody wanted to say "thanks for serving" and they picked up our tab.

I never found out who it was but I'll never forget it!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's awesome !!!!!! That would make it even better in this country if people would understand that whether or not they agree with the military action of this country, it's not the soldier that decides what he is going to do!!!! He/She just has to go and do what they are ordered!!! So give them a thanks for doing a job that you either can't or are to affraid to do!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I do commend them for the standing up for their rights, but don't push it on me (and there are better ways to do it without disrupting the lives of others)!

There's never a bulldozer around when you need one! J/K

If you feel you must protest....fine. If you disrupt other's lives while doing it.....then you should be put on a plane and sent over to Saddam to say "Hello, we are standing up for you, will you praise us...." Bang, Bang, Bang goes the Saudi rifle... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Damn! More speed bumps! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

8. speedup

speedup Registered Member

I have been waiting for the moment when a bunch of hippy protesters try to block traffic in front of my K5 so I could show them the crowd-pushing torque of a V8 first hand. Now that the opportunity has finally arrived, I can't do it because my K5 is broke and I'm in a little S-10. This is the worst feeling in the world... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    There's never a bulldozer around when you need one! J/K

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Good one, brother!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Atta Girl Cheryle! Go get em! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Up here in the "Frozen North" if someone get's in our way, We still Run over Em! Just another pothole on the way to work. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif