Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

this is a reply to a stupid thing done not paying attention / battery

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by scrappyk5, Mar 21, 2002.

1. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

Mar 17, 2002
    it had been about 4-5 years since i bought a new battery . well , i had to buy one for my sandrail, and
    when i got it home , i installed it and my rail still wouldnt start. i spent almost 2 hours going over all
    the wiring and even put a spare starter in to see if that was it. well my last thought was that they sold
    me a defectivr battery. i drove back up to sears and told the guy the battery is no good. he took it and
    went to hook it up , but before he did , he said to me " you must take these plastic caps off for it to work".
    i felt like such a doof . " when the hell did they start putting those on" " and why are they both black?" thats what i said. we laughed and i left.
  2. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

Sep 7, 2000
    i work at a car audio place doing installs and a guy i work with the other day did an amp in a jetta and couldnt figure out what was going on with it...all he knew was he didnt have power...

he had the amp hooked up to the negative post of the battery...thats a smart guy...been doing it for 2 years too...