Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

this is fawking hard

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mudhog, Nov 18, 2003.

1. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i am now on day 2 with no cigarettes /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i decided the other day that i had had enough and decided after almost 3 packs a day i didn't want to smoke any more so i quit /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif but damn is it hard to resist /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Congrats on quitting!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Smokes are about $2.50~$3.00 a pack right? At 3 packs a day think of the money you'll be saving! That's easily another $200 a month to spend on the K5! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

It ain't ever about the money...hell, smokes are nearly $8 a pack up here.

Rene

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

$8 a pack!?! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Oh yeah, he'll definitely be better off health-wise by quitting but still, think of the extra money that's free for the truck now! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Maybe if I could keep my fat a$$ out of McDonalds I could pump up the truck budget myself. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

dude, hold out! you can dooooo it!! 3 packs a day? quit a habit like that and imagine how many sweeeeeet 4x4 parts you could buy with the same $!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

j

6. mudhog

trust me I'm fighting the urge to smoke. it's not the money thing well ok it is a little it was mainly stuff like grims heart attack the other day and there have been several others that i know that have had heart attacks lately and i don't want to be one of them. i want to live and see my kids grow up and at 3 packs a day that isn't going to happen. so you can say i am doing it for my kids /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Good reason! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

At 75, my grandpa quit cold turkey after 50 years of heavy smoking. Lived to be 92.

8. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

More power to ya man! Great inspiration too! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Never did understand the smoking thing... glad I never got started!

-Dan

9. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

I will proly be next in line to quit, my wife did a few years back right after my dad died of long cancer. You would think I would know better, but anyway she said it was the hardest thing she had ever done, but glad she did it. So hang in there Shannon you can do it... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I'm gonna try...but no body does it better than you...here goes....

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Good job man, keep it up...you can do it/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

I know how you feel. I quit about a month ago, but I'm using the patch and Zyban. (the military's picking up the tab for that) I've slipped up a couple of times, but that's not going to stop me. If you need more support, PM me with your number and we'll have our own support group. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. mudhog

i appreciate it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i still have not had one even though i want one bad. now if i could just get some exercise equipment in here so that every time i got the urge i could just exercise to keep my mind off it. then i could lose some weight and kick the smoking habit /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif now that would be awesome /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    trust me I'm fighting the urge to smoke. it's not the money thing well ok it is a little it was mainly stuff like grims heart attack the other day and there have been several others that i know that have had heart attacks lately and i don't want to be one of them. i want to live and see my kids grow up and at 3 packs a day that isn't going to happen. so you can say i am doing it for my kids /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

well yeah, i figured living longer was the more obvious benefit... saving the $ is the "extra bonus". 3 packs a day.. whew, u musta been spending $4-6k a year on cigs alone. cha-ching! thats college $ for the kids, or 4x4 parts, or a lot of house payments... or... or.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif you can do it man!!!! hold out!!!

j

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Think hard candy, straws, ...ect. They help to keep your mind off the smokey treats. The patch helped me alot.

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

If you find you can't do it,I would try hypnotism, if I started again....

16. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Woohoo!!! My mom and I have been trying to convince my dad to quit for years... I hope it doesn't take something bad to get him to do it /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Next up is my brother and sister, then we'll be one big happy non-smoking family...

And you should put the money you'll save in a college account for the kids... If they choose not to go to college, then you have a whole lot of money for... stuff... But I'm finding that I wish my parents would've set aside an account to help me with college, even like $10 a month... stuff's expensive /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Enough about me... Don't give up, I'm sure you can do it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Good luck man I sell cigarettes all day and see people try all the time, just avoid them and like you said find a distraction. My dad chewed lots and lots of gum when he was quitting. he went through like 6 packs of .25 cent gum a day but still cheaper than cigs.

18. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for you! Zyban/welbutrin is the chit! No smokes in 2.5 weeks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I played a little trick. Zyban is not covered under most insurance. Welbutrin is the exact same drug. It is covered.

I did ok on the Patch. Problem is the Mrs's is having trouble quitting. So I kept coming home to it. The Welbutrin I can deal with her smoking. That and almost dropping dead gave me some insentive.

19. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

quitting is the best decision you've made since joining CK5...lol well not that i really know, but you kickass for doing it, and think of the health problems your kids could have from the second hand smoke...besides your health, think of the advantages of quitting, you can eat in the clean air section of resturaunts, less likely to get the kids sick, and more money for the truck/other expenses...save the money and take a "quit smoking" vacation with the family!!

20. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Sweet deal man. Keep up the resistance! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif