Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

this is fun

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eds77k5, Feb 27, 2005.

1. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

or an excuse to get new tools:D pretty straight forward, get everything together and replace old springs with new lift springs, greasable bushings, heavy duty shackle, shocks, oh, wait a minute there, the floor jack isnt working? run to store for a new and improved floor jack, ok, take old off, wait a minute there, cant get front eye bolt out, weeny compressor wont run air tools? ok, run to store for new and improved air compressor, ok, cut off bolt and install new spring and shock, front left side is done, on to the right side, this is day three of lift install, whoops, need deep socket--thought i had one--run to store for deep socket, maybe, just maybe it will go smoother now, maybe finish today?:D wait a minute there, ----tires? what about those tires?-------:D need more rubber under there---------------this is fun:D

2. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

You are right. I'm about to install my lift kit this coming weekend. I've already started buying stuff. :D

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I have a good friend who's a talented engine builder / machinist.

He always helps me for free, but his "rule" is that if we are working on a project and I don't have the right tools, I have to agree to go out and buy them before we go any further on the project. :grin: It has worked out well.....I got a lot of free help, and now I have a pretty competent rolling cart full of tools!!!!

There is something REALLY enjoyable about starting a new project and knowing that you already have all the tools you'll need.