Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This is going wayyyyy too far

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 89GMCSuburban, Nov 14, 2005.

1. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Unbelievable...

I can't believe this guy...I'm so furious, I'm quiet. When I'm quiet...I am very, very, very, very pissed off.

2. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Someone needs to take his Jeep thing out of suburbian-I-don't-know-what's-going-on-three-feet-from-me utopia, load it up with some IED and haji's, and go find some good neighborhood gone bad due to illegal immigrants.

4 birds, one stone.

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

My wife and I where talkin today. We where woundering how much longer they are going to say the prayer before a nascar race... If you don't beleave in it.. Just turn it off.. Has for the money.. Don't look at it..

4. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

People like this kill me if the US is so bad move we don't want you here anyway. The sad part is I really don't think there is a thing as an atheist but thats another forum disscussion. How stupid can you be that the saying on monet offends you I'm offended by the gov. letting people like this live but I'm not out shooting them, yet. I think the middle east in general doesn't have IN GOD WE TRUST written on any of their money tell him to move there.

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Do you think the motto "In God We Trust" should be printed on American coins and currency?
    Choice Votes Percentage of 8083 Votes
    Yes. 7116 88%
    No. 967 12%

There are, apparently, a bunch of people that agree with the nut. :screwy:

6. kgblazerfive

Nah one of them was me I read the vote wrong so I then voted yes , seems like you can vote as many times as you want :rolleyes: :confused:

7. cbbr

I feel better knowing that one nut voted yes 966 times and then , of course, there is you're vote. :eek1: :doah: :D It's a bit insane anyway. If you are offended by cash, use a credit card. I swear that the devil has something to do with them anyway.

8. kgblazerfive

Yea but I voted yes three times to make up for it :D but I will admit my stupidity :doah:

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The way I see it, the people who founded this country came here too excape religious persacution. They founded this country on thier beliefs. God being a major part of thier beliefs. I think all these sumbitches who want too change everything need a big ol cup of STFU koolaid.

10. bobalob

bobalob 1/2 ton status

it is freedom of religion not freedom from religion

11. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Ah yes.. Mr. Newdow.. this country SO needs tort reform, where the initiator of a lawsuit has to pay all the legal fees if he loses.

Did you guys know that the fourth of July was intended by the founding fathers to be celebrated as a relgious holiday, just like easter?

The point was to thank God for birthing this nation, and to continually seek his presence as we go forward.

I don't think God minds the beer, cookouts & fireworks so much as he minds being left out of the celebration altogether.

Tom

12. cbbr

I have ben in favor of this for years. I think that it is still that way in other countries. It would definately stop a lot of the BS suits.

13. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Yup.. predatory lawyers keep the costs of doing business very high. A company doesn't need to have done anything wrong, either.. just having a cash reserve makes them a target.

Tom

14. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I odn't think I wanna read the link after reading the replies here...

15. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Read it. You need to know.

16. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

No one talsk so much about God as an athiest, and notice, it's always a Christian god too

17. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

someone clearly can't read the Constitution... it says "Freedom of religon", not "Freedom from religon". I'm agnostic myself, but the God-hating leftists in this country really piss me off.

j

18. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

My initial reaction is "Ignore him and maybe he'll go away", but I know logically he will not.

He makes a lot of sense here:
    According to his 3 part motto, he should be honest and not use cash with such terminology on it for anything if he feels that strongly... Not in a vending machine, not at Kmart, not at Burger King, not at the gas station, not at the toll booth. Put his money, er, credit card, where his mouth is...

Additionally, if something like that "wouldn't be right", he should not be using the term "church" to describe his collection of like-minded people, since the term church as he's using it is generally understood to be an assembly of christians or a building dedicated to religious worship. This guy goes halfway on his convictions, makes largely visual efforts while contradicting them for aggresive effect. I'm betting he's 99% show.

This guy is an attention glutton. He's probably surrounds himself and is empowered by groups of other anti-religious people; as an individual, he probably would get through life easier just ignoring and accepting the differences. Our society is certainly God-purged enough already that the superficial things he's chasing won't do anything but stir controversy.

I'm wondering... Is he going to sue the government for giving non-profit religious organizations tax breaks? That's way more government/religious effect than a couple words no one pays attention to on cash.

19. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

He is screwed in the head.

God (by webster)
    god
    9 entries found for god.

god[1,noun]god[2,transitive verb]act of GodAssembly of Godgod-awfulGod-fearingman of Godson of Godsun god

Main Entry: 1god
    Pronunciation: 'gäd also 'god
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, from Old English; akin to Old High German got god
    1 capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality: as a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshiped as creator and ruler of the universe b Christian Science : the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : infinite Mind
    2 : a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship; specifically : one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality
    3 : a person or thing of supreme value
    4 : a powerful ruler

By definition #1
    Money can easily be considered perfect in power, and seen as a ruler of our universe

By definition # 2
    Money has more than natural power. How else can a piece of the same paper trade equally for a pack of gum, or a new TV ($1 vs $100 same bill different writing). It is only fair that is we have trust in it.

By definition #3
    Speaks for itself.

By definition #4
    A way of measurment (ruler, ruling = official decree/statement).

I don't really believe what I wrote, but it would be my bases if I was defending our money.

20. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

AMEN! :D