Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This is great....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by readymix, Mar 30, 2006.

1. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

2. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

That reminds me, I need to pick up some blinker fluid.

:haha:

3. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

omgrofl

4. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

People amaze me. I went to high school with a bunch of stuck up preppy kids who knew nothing about cars, but when they truned 16 their parents got them "cool looking" but poorly built 4 wheeling rigs. Namely lifted jeeps with 4 cylinders, that couldnt drive their way out of a wet paper bag. They always wondered why i never went wheeling with them at the local mud holes. I told them i stick to the rocks cause mud is too much of a pain in the ass, but they just though my k5 sucked offroad. Funny thing, whenever they got stuck bad, i somehow always got a recovery phone call. And when their u-joints and wheel bearings would go bad from the mud, i would offer to do the labor for them for real cheap, but they would instead spend hundreds so that a "professional mechanic" in a shop could do it right. I WOULD NEVER trust my truck with a mechanic unless i was right there watching. Maybe thats why my truck has never been to a "mechanic."

They would ohh and ahh over eachothers new body lift, or high performance air filter upgrade.:whistle: When they asked me what my truck had, trying to explain shackle flips, lower gears, inboard shock setups, axle swaps, and lockers was like french to them. They would always tell me, and i quote on this one, "yeah, im going to get some lockers installed today." Me-"what kind?" them-"probably some warn ones with the metal dial." me-"you mean locking hubs" them-"huh?" The concept of open and locked differentials is the hardest part for them to grasp.
    Sorry, rant off.....
    -Harrison

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

6. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Lol, sounds like the girls in my highschool that wouldnt associate with me on weekends ever...but by god if they got a flat tire they were always lookin for the rusted out old chevy pickup. I shoulda charged em, hehe

Honest to god had one girl I went to school with, didnt know how to put gas in her car:haha: :haha: :haha: I tryed teachin her one day. "You want me to touch THAT its all dirty." I about fell over laughin cuz the gas cap had dust on it

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I just listened to it and realized shes in Detroit hehehe

8. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

:haha: My wife was even, WTF?