Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This is how 10b spider gears should look, Right?!?!?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gambit420s, Aug 19, 2005.

1. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

saw this today on my friend's 98 ta-HOE, they're supposed to look like this right??? :haha: :yikes: :whistle: :rotfl: :shame:

anybody got some spiders they want to sell me...?

i noticed it was leaking(cover gasket) while replacing his fuel pump, so i ask him if he knew it was leaking. he said he knew and that he went to a quick lube and had them fix it... well by fix i'm sure he ment,"just pull it off slap some goo and fill 'er up..." Hell, they even left the original gasket on it (aam printed on it), and i'm sure the took the time to inspect the gears :surepal: :surepal: it prob leaked worse than before... It was "fixed" a week ago and today less than a pint of fluid came out. (4-500mi's) the ring gear looks ok not too much b/l , so he should be good with just new spiders,

but my question is this, Did lack of fluid do this? or has he just been doing too many doughnuts/burnouts ??

P.S.: quick lubes suck ass!!! both to work at and as your only place of service...

Aug19^95.JPG

Aug19^99.JPG

Aug19^90.JPG

Aug19^91.JPG

Aug19^94.JPG

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

need to take new pics fuzzy as hell:p:

3. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

yeah i know cam only has landscape and portrait settings and the flash dont seem to work but hell it was free in a trade... what do you expect for a VW engine?, the leather beer mug i got in the deal works much much better :D :D :D but every thing still gets fuzzy :doah: