Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

this is HP!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by leadfoot067, Aug 24, 2003.

1. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

2. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

HOLY CRAP!!! Thats awesome! Over 1000 HP. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I wish I could say that all three of my trucks added up to that much. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Yup, saved that one.

Kris

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that is fawking sweet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif do you have more info about the car? what is it running?

5. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

i found that on a 67-72 chev truck site...alli know it what you all know /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I have been looking for that link for weeks now!!! Thanks Chris!!!/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rene

7. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

OH MAN /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif that is soooooooo cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif When those turbos start to whine it sounds like a diesel pulling tractor /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

8. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Wow. I am stunned. That is SO cool!

9. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

thats not horsepower folks, thats SICK horsepower...yeah, twins ona v6 that cams like a pro stock car...

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I've seen that car race in Sacramento! I have a bunch of pics of it on my webshots, at least I used to, they may have deleted them. WHen I saw it run it was running like crap, popping, bucking and backfiring down the entire track. It still ran in the 8s... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif </font>

11. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

THAT WAS SOOOOOOOOOO FREAKIN COOL!!!!

HMM..a twin turbo big block K5 /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

12. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

HMM..a twin turbo big block K5 /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Hmmmmmmm /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Sounds good!

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Not trying to blow off the whole cool factor here, but does that guy LIKE the smell of his own exhaust!?!?!? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Talk about bend over, fart and wave the smell in your face! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. tom1987

tom1987 Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I was /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif the same but with a suburban

15. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

damn /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif now that was shear horsepower /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

I saw that guy run at Famoso last year, he couldn't get a clean run cause he kept spinning the tires. Try lighting the tires at 150mph!!!! It was sick. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

17. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

DAMN! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Highest number I have personnaly whitnessed was 623 on a 90 Supra with a 100shot.
    I know somebody that lays down 652 straight up on 102 no laughing gas with a 94 Supra. I haven't personnaly seen him do it but I got no reason to doubt him.

Untill your there when a big number is put down you really can't get the full effect of that. Yeah that vid is awsome but I was standing next to the one that did the 623. To have an engine wide open under load standing next to tires that according to the Speedo on the dyno are turning 120mph with the hood up and your right up next to it......You just can't comprehend it.

Makes me want to build another turbo car. Hmmmm 1jz into a 91 Cresida would make a hell of a sleeper. 1jz 2.5 twin Turbo is 280 bone stock. little tweeking I could have 350 for pretty cheap($3-400. I even know where a 1jze clip is with 50k on it for $1800. Probably pick up a Cressida with a blown head gasket for $1k. Hmmmm Gas prices get much worse it might be worth parking the 10mpg Burb for a 25mpg sleeper. It would pay for itself in about a year with the miles I put on it.

18. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

oh my fawking lord!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

Guys name is Chris Chow? Twin Turbo v-8 make 1076+hp roughly because of the spinning the true measure cannot be read. here is more---&gt;Here is what was posted on svtperformance.com:

Quote:
    Definetely a NICE car! Thats a local whom ive met a couple of times and hung out with. As far as what it has..its a TT V8 (twin T76's) and runs a best of 8.51@162.

and

Quote:
    yup that is Chris Chow...twin turbo v8 like mentioned...you could see em in the dyno vid...i have the video of him running that 8.5 but dont know how to post it...sorry...no 3.8 is going to run that and make 1000 horse on only 23 pounds of boost

MORE VIDS----&gt; Chris Chow and other turbo GN's /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif