Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This is IMPORTANT

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Chevit, May 10, 2004.

1. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Original Message -----
    To: Motorized Recreation in Oregon
    Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 6:52 PM
    Subject: [Oregon_trails] Danger In the Woods

This is IMPORTANT:

information from the BLM on a pipe bomb that was found at a gate. We have gotten more details. It was an 8-inch long, 2-inch diameter heavy-schedule PVC pipe. It was attached to a Swanson gate in Douglas County. When the bomb squad sprayed it with a water canon, it exploded. It had a mercury switch inside that denotated with movement.

In addition, a small, gunpowder-filled bomb with a fuse was found in Clackamas County. It was made out of PVC also, with two caps threaded onto a double-ended female connector.

If you see something that doesn't look right, leave it alone. Nothing more then terrorism being used to push a very radical agenda. Don't become a victim. Be alert. Pass on to your riding buddies.

Leonard

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i just saw that on obh. what the [darn] are these people thinking /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Holy Smokes. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Be careful folks.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

so did the confirm who did it? ELF or...?

j

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

sounds like it's time to hunt down some eco-nazis /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, capture em alive... then tie one arm to a big tree and their other arm to a momma bears lil cub... lol! nature, its a beautiful thing!

j

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

so... lemme get this right... eco nazis did this? that makes no sense, so it must be some kids or something. eco nazis in the wrong mindset maybe, but i doubt it.

eco nazi: "you cant drive there, or i will blow you and 50 feet around you up"
    makes no sense to me, but a possibility.

i think its just a couple kids.

ethier way, be carefull.
    Grant

8. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

any wya you go about it, it just goes to show there are some messed up people out there and we all need to be carefull.

9. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

keep in mind it was the eco-Nazi's that lit-up and burned an entire H2 dealership to the ground, trucks included. Yeah they polluted the air and water and they damaged the environment around the dealership with the toxic chemicals and fumes but hey... at least those dirty SUV driving mother [insert bad word here] will have to wait two more weeks before buying thier HUMMER 2's.

-Ryan

10. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    driving mother ****ers

[/ QUOTE ]
    How'd you manage to sneak that one by? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

dunno... but, this is a family site, so I changed it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    so... lemme get this right... eco nazis did this? that makes no sense, so it must be some kids or something. eco nazis in the wrong mindset maybe, but i doubt it.

ethier way, be carefull.
    Grant

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes sense in there minds...loggers use the gates...so the next person who would open the gate would be a logger, and there target. thats pretty messed up, and a little un-nerving that its happening in places we 4wheel with something like a Mercury switch that doesnt sound like kids...or ametuers for that matter.

13. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    its happening in places we 4wheel with something like a Mercury switch that doesnt sound like kids...or ametuers for that matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.

14. tweaker

tweaker 1/2 ton status

what do you mean not for kids, heck i knew how to make a pipe bomb in junior high school. didn't anyone take physics. the hard part is finding the materials. especially the switch. heck making napalm is alot easier.

the people who wish to scare us need to realize that we can do it too, and that we don't do it cause we feel no need to. besides terrorism is a cowards gambit. i'm thankful no one was hurt and that it didn't happen where i wheel at.

15. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i knew how to make a pipe bomb in junior high school.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, so...did ANY of yours use a mercury switch or any other motion/vibration sensing device to detonate? If so, then your stuff was much more sphisticated than any other junk most kids make. My best friends dad had a rock quarry and dynomite and he taught us how to use it. We built all kinds of bombs and stuff growing up, but we never built anything that technical. Most "kids" won't either. Granted, there is more information available today than there was a few years ago, but I still have a hard time buying that it was a stupid kid prank. Most "kids" can't wait to blow something up after they make a bomb. They make it because they WANT TO SEE IT GO BOOM!! I never made a bomb that I didn't set off. Did you?

Either way, unless you know what to look for, you run the risk of serious harm. I have my kids with me almost every time I head for the hills. If something happened to one of them, there would be no limit to the amount of hurt that I'd put on the person responsible. I'd keep them alive just to hurt them some more.

[ QUOTE ]
    terrorism is a cowards gambit.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Too true.

[ QUOTE ]
    i'm thankful no one was hurt and that it didn't happen where i wheel at.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, but think about it...it will if wacky peeps keep pulling this kind of stuff. It was put in a place where it was GOING to be found. That means it was put in a high traffic area. How often do you stop to inspect the road around you when you wheel? Or do you assume it's safe because the road is unobstructed? That's the whole point here, someone WILL get hurt by one of these things eventually.

16. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

is there a website for elf? time to infiltrate /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

ethier way, be carefull.
    Grant

[/ QUOTE ]

Grant dont you remember when the eco-nazis were setting constructionsites on fire out here in Cali??? They did it because there was some kind of bug or bird living in the lot next door. The fire killed everything in the lot. HAHA

18. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

ok dillon...... we need to watch you a little more carefully..... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif
    cam