Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This is just sick

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MTMike, Aug 30, 2005.

1. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Nebraska man pleads not guilty to rape involving 14-year-old wife

By KEVIN O'HANLON
    Associated Press

LINCOLN, Neb. -- A man accused of impregnating a 13-year-old girl whom he later married pleaded not guilty Tuesday to a charge he sexually assaulted the teenager.

Matthew Koso, 22, is charged with first-degree sexual assault. The girl, now 14, gave birth to their daughter last week.

His trial date was set for October. If convicted, he could face up to 50 years in prison.

Nebraska requires people to be at least 17 before they can marry. But after Crystal Koso became pregnant, her mother gave permission for Matthew Koso to take the girl to Kansas, which allows younger minors to get married with parental consent.

The Associated Press generally avoids naming victims of sexual assault, but the couple has spoken freely with other news organizations, and the girl's name has been widely reported.

Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius recently said she was asking legislators to establish a minimum age for marriage. She said the age should be 16, 17 or 18, "so we don't, after the fact, cover up abuse of children."

Nebraska Attorney General Jon Bruning said again Tuesday that the investigation is continuing and additional charges against Koso involving other young girls are possible.

Koso's lawyer, Willis Yoesel, did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

Bruning acknowledged that he has received a "significant" amount of mail from the public saying he should leave the couple alone.

"But this is not a job we do to win popularity points," Bruning said. "I was elected to enforce the law. And anytime a grown man has sex with a child, it's not a close call for me."

Bruning said that Koso is a friend of the girl's half brother and began a relationship with her when she was 12.

http://www.billingsgazette.com/inde...005/08/30/build/nation/54-husband-assault.inc

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

If they're both happy, it shoudln't be an issue

3. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Most 14 year olds are not mature enough to make that kind of decision.

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Wait a few years when the girl turns 18 and then ask yourself again. Won't matter once she turns 18 as the law will have to get off her back and she can do whatever she wants.

Here in Kansas, legal age with consent is 16. Yep, thats with consent. Unless the parents do not agree, then you can get in trouble.

I started dating my wife when she was 15. Two weeks later she turned 16 and I did not screw her for the first time til about 3 or 4 months later. Her parents knew of me and did not have any problem with us having sex.

Whats the big deal you ask? I was 23 when I started dating her. So, take it from a pro. I know the legal age with consent is 16 because the system worked for me. Her parents liked me and therefore had no problems with me. One big thing her parents looked at about her was the fact she was much, much more mature for her age. She was 16 going on like 20. That makes a lot of difference with a girl who has their head on straight.

I think most people blow this out of proportion. As long as a couple like/love each other, age should not make a difference. Now when it gets to a boy/girl in the younger ages of the pre-teens, then yes, I would have a problem with that especially when the other one is older.

That couple in Nebraska are just gonna have to tough it out for another 4 years and deal with it. Once she turns 18, she can tell the world to kiss her ass. :waytogo:

5. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I started dating my wife at when she 16 when i was 21. Were married at 18 & 23.

But 12 and a baby at 14? Thats a little much IMO.

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Most 18 - 25 year olds either .

Hell I didn't grow up until my mid 20's , and that was just because I was raised right and eventually got it right .

Before anyone that young says they are mature , I said "most" , not all .

7. thatK30guy

We started dating at 15 (turned 16 two weeks later) and 23 when she starting her sophomore year.

She graduated early at 1st semester her senior year in Dec. '95 and then we got married in April '96.

The next month in May '96, she walked across the stage for graduation with her class.

We wouldn't have our first child til '01 and then the second followed in '03.

Today, when some people are talking about age differences, we laugh about what we went thru. Lots of people have called me "cradle robber" with both of us correcting them that SHE was the one who asked me out on the first date. I knew she was young and was very cautious at first. As I got to know her and realize how mature she was, then I started to "press my luck". :bow:

8. thatK30guy

Its a known fact girls age, grow up, learn, etc. faster than boys do. They reach puberty before we do, too. They also mature before we do.

Another known fact: boys reach their sexual peak at 18. Girls don't reach it til they turn 35. :eek1:

And now you wonder why so many older women are so horny all the time.

God, I love older women!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

9. Resurrection_Joe

I totally agree, but maybe this is one of those rare instances where it all worked out fine except for enforcement of arbitrary age restrictions

10. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Well then the "women" I have met that young must of been stupid then , including many of the 18-21 year olds in a certain "sized" guys posts :D

My wife isn't even always smart , or mature enough at certain times when common sense is needed :ignore:

Regardless of what scientists and studies say . Society set voting ages , drinking ages , and auto insurance discounts high for a reason .

I love older women too , but they aren't that much older than me anymore :wink1:

11. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Knowing what you know, would you let your 12-13 yr old daughter go out with a 22 yr old guy??

12. thatK30guy

No I wouldn't. But if she were 16 and wanted to date a 22 year old guy, it would have to depend on her maturity level and who he is. If she is wild and a baby, nope. If he is wild and a trouble maker, nope. But if she is mature for her age, like her mother was, and he is a good-headed kid trying to make a life for himself, then yes, I would let her.

13. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Wait until you actually have a 15 yr. old daughter and a guy in his twenties comes sniffing around. You might change your mind then.......... :D

14. Resurrection_Joe

Depends on the guy

15. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Like I said, wait until you actually have a 15 yr. old daughter and a guy in his twenties comes sniffing around. You might change your mind then. Lots of speculation on what somebody might do when they really aren't in the circumstances yet. Opinions change with time and experience. Sometimes I wish I would've kept a good diary from when I was in my twenties until now. It would make for some interesting reading.

16. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Age of consent between minors here is 14. So as long as they're both under 18 it's OK. Regular age of consent here is 16 though.

I dated a girl that was a couple weeks shy of her 14th birthday (which i was not aware of...) when I was 17. I was no Casanova, but not entirely stupid at that age and there was no way either I or any of my friends would have had the slightest idea that she wasn't at least 16. She seemed pretty damn mature to me, and way too developed for her true age. She was about 5'3", maybe 105 lbs soaking wet and was easily a 'D' cup.

At any rate, as soon as i found out her age I ditched her. I never did sleep with her...although her mother thought I did. :eek1:

Rene

17. Resurrection_Joe

I like to think all of my beliefs are uncompromised whether they are applied to me or you or anyone else.

I believe in free speech, and I don't say that Michael Moore should be silenced, some of you do. I say be intelligent enough to draw your own conclusions, whatever they may be fine. I don't care if you are for a 30 year or older consent age or against all gun ownership, that's fine, if you have thought it out rationally, I'll disagree and leave you alone, unless you come after me.

I'd like to think if I had a daughter that age, I'd know her and her associates well enough to know what's going on with her. I am forever thoughtful and compromising on ideas and concepts, but I am black and white on justice. It may be sad, but it has to be done.

Be decent and make other people decent by example. Learn and teach to be responsible for yourself and your own safety. Be free and be happy.

18. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I believe it all has to do with maturity levels. I seriously doubt a judge or court can assess that. However, I'm not saying what happened was right or wrong. I'm currently dating a 16 year old, and I'm 18, and she's WWWAAAAAAYYYYYYYY more mature than a lot of the 18 and 19 year olds I've dated. I thought she was older than I am until she corrected me.

Like I said, it's all about maturity levels.

19. NJBLZ

NJBLZ 1/2 ton status

most 28 year olds are not mature enough to make that kind of decision.

20. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

12 years old is the freakin sixth grade!!!!! puh-leeeeeeeeeze