Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This is my new ride.

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Z3PR, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] It's a 1978 El Camino SS with only 78,000 miles on it. Image Station pics

2. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Re: Working on making this my new ride

Go for it! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just need to get some $$$ put together.

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Get rid of that damn Dodge /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

The steering wheel and those rims need to go. Would look sweet on something like original satin finish centerlines ( drag look ) or even on something like 16 or 17 inch torq thrusts or cragars ( new but retro look ). Its pretty clean though. How do the rear of the fenderwells look close up , any rust? You could also pull a bigger number speedo out of a cop car Malibu , lots of neat things can be done to those years /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Get rid of that damn Dodge /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I can't get rid of the MPG vehile. I NEED the 30+ mpg's, because sometimes I make 500+ mile road trips. Besides, I kinda like that damn Dodge.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    The steering wheel and those rims need to go. Would look sweet on something like original satin finish centerlines ( drag look ) or even on something like 16 or 17 inch torq thrusts or cragars ( new but retro look ). Its pretty clean though. How do the rear of the fenderwells look close up , any rust? You could also pull a bigger number speedo out of a cop car Malibu , lots of neat things can be done to those years /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I kinda like the SST rims on it, but yeah, a upgrade on the steering wheel is a must. If I so get it, maybe I'd change the rims to these. [​IMG] Probley in a 17" rim so I could upgrade the front breaks to a larger disc and caliper set up.

8. pauly383

Those rims are SWEET without being gaudy like a lot of new stuff. Look tuff and still has a hint of a star or spoke/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif. Those sst's on there wouldn't be bad if the front tires didn't have more sidewall as compared to the back. Looks like front 215 or 225 75 15 on 15x6 or 15x7, rear is what 60 series and at least 235 wide?

9. pauly383

I gotta stop hanging out here before I go and find another Chevy too, and create another monthly payment /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

10. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

It looks good, but you gotta ditch the bench seat, get bukets and the center console!/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Well, if'n you get it and are looking for Drag coils for it, I've got a set that I'll let go super cheap just to get them out of my way.

11. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Those wheels look great, but keeping them clean will drive you nuts. Dirt and brake dust gets into all those little recesses and crevices making cleaning a real pain in the a$$. After cleaning them with toothbrushes a couple of times you won't be as happy with them. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif After having a set of wheels that were damn near impossible to clean I now look for wheels that look good AND are easy to clean!

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] It's a 1978 El Camino SS with only 78,000 miles on it. Image Station pics

[/ QUOTE ] I've got them talked down to $3,000.00 for it. 305 engine, 87,000 miles on it. It looks pretty strait. What do you think, does it look like it's worth 3 grand ??? Only thing I'm questioning is the header panel and dash. It's listed as a 78, but it apears to be a 81.

13. pauly383

Well the dash doesn't look much different than my 78 Monte carlo did, which is same as Malibu/Elky on inside. But last time I saw that car every day it was 1992 . I don't think it is an SS. But if it only has that many miles on it grab it. Don't know about your state , but here if its under 100,000 miles the owner has to sign box "A" on title. If they lie its a crime. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

How is this the SS model, it looks like a stock standard Elky to me? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Just curious /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

SS Info [ QUOTE ]
    Due to a combination of tightened federal regulations, fuel embargos, rising insurance costs and a few other concerns the Super Sport designation in the El Camino options list was little more than an appearance package in El Caminos from 1975 through the end of El Camino production in 1987.

[/ QUOTE ]

16. pauly383

So it was a repaint then? Either way if its not rusty, and its all there grab it. And show up with cash and show him 2500 , perhaps they'd take it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif Got a loan from my bank. $3,000.00 with a intrest rate of 10.75 on a 30 month loan. So Wensday I'm going to get my 78 El Camino SS !!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif I would go tomorrow, but I'm going to Casper, Wy. for the Metallica concert. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif This is starting off as a good week !!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

18. pauly383

Great glad to hear it. Thats how I got all my parts , loan is less than truck payments were. Hope you enjoy the show, I still like Metallica too. I want to see a pic when you "personalize" that Elky /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Great glad to hear it. Thats how I got all my parts , loan is less than truck payments were. Hope you enjoy the show, I still like Metallica too. I want to see a pic when you "personalize" that Elky /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Befor I do anything to it, I'll pay it off. I will install a alarm and a stereo system though.

20. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

$3000 what a steal!!!! The footprint gas pedal is worth that alone /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Swwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet aaaaasssssssss ride man.