Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

.............. this is my subject.............

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Sep 20, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

K2K: What are the background vocals saying in the song "I'm With Stupid"?
    W: Oh, that's the Shovel Lady. "I grab my shovel." "I beat him in the skull and took him down."

K2K: This is a real person? Where is it from?
    W: This is real. It was sampled off of the news. Her neighbor had left on vacation. Her and her husband, I don't know the details but somebody broke into the neighbor's house while they were on vacation. So these two went over there and literally creased the guy's skull with a shovel.
    K: They actually showed it on the news. The guy was hamburger. It was really nasty.
    W: This was somewhere out in the backwoods of Southern California. The lady was on the news and they were interviewing her as though she was a hero. She lived in a trailer.

K2K: That is what the video is based on?
    W: Yeah. She was telling the story, "I grabbed my shovel, beat him in the skull and took him down."

You can see the whole interview here
    http://www.kaos2000.net/interviews/staticx/staticx00.html

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

got to love static-x

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yer darn tootin... I just found some 30 second clips of their new CD, Shadow Zone, that comes out on October 7... And they're on the Headbanger's Ball tonight /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

http://store.wbr.com/store/product.asp?upc=093624854821&type=music&sys=WEA&mscssid=9TV30XH1DGGL8JBBV58PF0E157JNBME4 for the clips... The new CD is gonna kick all our asses /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

head bangers ball, wat channel is that on??

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

MTV2

From static-x.com:

"09.16.2003 - HEADBANGER'S BALL on MTV2, METAL EDGE Magazine
    Wayne & Tripp will be special guests this Saturday, 9/20 on MTV2 Headbanger's Ball where the WORLD PREMIERE of the video for "The Only" will air. They just filmed the video last week. Thanks to all the fans that turned out on short notice to make this a great & memorable experience!! ALSO--Regular HBB host Jamey from Hatebreed is going out on tour so Wayne will be hosting the show on 9/27 and 10/4. Static-X will also be appearing on Uranium (FUSE) and several other television shows in October & November; details to come."

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

damn i dont have MTV2

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I don't have it in my room... I'm gonna have to find a way to get my parents away from their precious TV /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't have it in my room... I'm gonna have to find a way to get my parents away from their precious TV /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Splice into the cable outside, and run a line in through your window. You might need to get a box if you don't have one, but those are easy to get. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

grr I can't listen, no way I am downloading realplayer, way too much advertising, and resource stealing.

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

It's all good... I dunno if it uses realplayer or not, but there's a player thingy on their website and it has three of their new songs... full length...

Here's the link: http://www.bandbuilder.com/static-x/index.php?ref_code=D23466 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif