Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

this is my truck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88k5blaza, Dec 18, 2002.

1. 88k5blaza

88k5blaza Registered Member

ok this is my rig its basicaly stock other than the sterio and other small items but i want to know what i should do to it, i would like to keep it pretty practical for on the road and also good off the road, any suggestions or tips i would be very grateful /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

yahoo.com

2. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Looks good. Its suprising how well a blazer will do at stock height off road. I'd say go have fun with it and see what you hang up on or get stuck with.. then start making modifications to remedy the problem. This way you build it to suit your needs and not someone elses. If your eager to throw some money at it.. I'd suggest a steering box brace as a first item so as not to have it crack the frame later.. its just such a common place of failure.

3. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

You dont need those Being reliable is a major goal for mine. I like to hit the back wood trails that don't see much use. So The mods I'd recomened would be: 3/4 Ton axles (cheaper then 1 Ton, but 1 Ton is better) and either a 4" or 6" suspension lift, and 33" to 36" tires. Now I don't know how you feel about trimming fenders, so I'll leave that one alone. That'll get ya out in the woods.
    -sandman

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Lift it !!!!!!!! Nothing looks better then a lifted truck !!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif And you find numerous post of a reply I made about axles.

5. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

why yes paul, i believe the one above is actually from you /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status