Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This is the proper way to remove a engine

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BranndonC, Jul 21, 2004.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

finally got my $455 caddy home and started pulling the motor yesterday, its nice pulling it when you dont care about the car /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

BLING BLING!!

wut kinda exhaust u plan to run?
    headers?

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

flowmaster, and headers yes, but i dont know anything about them yet, so i cant tell you what brand, do you know of a good brand?

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU COULD HAVE SOLD THE REST OF THAT CAR FOR???? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifhere in in michigan(i should say detroit) they are buying up old cars-the bigger the better- and painting them,throwing on some bling 26's and driving the hell out of it.my neighbor sold a old pontiac paresian(i know i spelled it wrong) to a brother for $1900.00. he payed $350.00 for AND the guy bugged him to buy it??he came back three days later with 24in gold rims and a sound system shaking the ground. like putting perfume on a pig but he loved it.you could pay to redo the caddy engine with what you could get.and it's a convertable. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i advertised it and no one bit, so i took it apart the easy way /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. boggerless

if you find anything else like that let me know. no kidding,i can sell it for you. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

8. boggerless

lot's o booty,we just tell them it's from LA word. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifall the cars have to do is run long enough for them to get it home. can you picture it with spinners and lifted about 3 inches,either air shocks front and rear or hydralics. BOOM BOOM BOOM, what up dog. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

9. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

[[ QUOTE ]
    This is the proper way to remove a engine

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Alot of times my solution to something is to "winch it out". I'm sure winching fenders and stuff off could have been fun, too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I should know. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

That caddy has a nice fan/clutch setup, much bigger than what my K5 had stock.

12. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

Headers can be bought but they cost a lot. An easier way is to buy some BB Chevy headers and just buy the Caddy head flanges which can be found at www.500cid.com You just cut the BB Chevy flange off and weld on the new Caddy Flanges. Also, oil pan clearances can be a pain as well as oil pump clearance due to it being external. Good luck with the swap. Many have done it successfully and those big old Cads put out some nice power!

13. BigBadCad

BigBadCad 1/2 ton status

Your going to love running with a Cad!