Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This is why CNN is evil.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CustomChevy, Jan 1, 2007.

1. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

WTF does that have to do with CNN? :dunno:

3. CustomChevy

cnn started the 24 hour new revolution in iraq.

now everyone and their mom got the tap from either cnn or fox news or some other news case via the internet.

Yeah, CNN just makes me sick sometimes. this thread was nothing more than a mini rant

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

sources to confirm that it was Fox or CNN who supplied the tape? or are you just pulling stuff out of your ass?

5. CustomChevy

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

the question was, do you have proof that CNN or Fox had involvment in the production of said video? being that the execution took place in Iraq, by Iraqi forces, i'm going to bet that CNN wasnt anywhere near there. furthermore, i'm going to seriously doubt that Pakistan has a single Fox or CNN news station. :deal:

so, we're going with the latter on this one, eh?

7. patt107

patt107 1/2 ton status

Trust me CNN has reporters out here, so it is possible for them to be there.

just throwing my 2 cents out there from Iraq
    pt

8. CustomChevy

no CNN didn't shoot the video. its quite clearly done on a Cell Camera, and the site was closed to anyone but a few iraqi officals.

They did however give it to the masses.

beater, welcome back, you're as cynical as ever.

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Break.com had the video up a full day before CNN did. I followed a link someone posted here, then checked CNN and found they had just put up part of the cell camera coverage. CNN had initially stopped airing the vid just before Saddam dropped. They did add subtitles so the things said could be followed by us english speaking people.

I don't see a problem with airing it, it was a legal execution and without video there would always be those saying he wasn't really dead. This puts the whole thing to rest, and nobody is going to click on it if they're easily offended or grossed out. Even on break.com there are some very strong warnings about the vid content.

rene

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

So apparently there is a problem with the video of some dirtbag (Class 1, Grade A, almost on the same level as Hitler and Stalin) all over the Internet? I fail to see the problem.....................

11. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

The problem looks like either bad parenting (maybe not, they thought that the kids were playing) or just stupid kids, one of whom got killed. WTH that has to do with the news in general, or any specific news outlet, is beyond me.

I might not like what I perceive to be CNN's political or editorial viewpoint sometimes, but they are not "evil" for broadcasting news and I doubt seriously that the kid that hanged himself in Pakistan had access to CNN.

This is something that touches a nerve with me. Why do people blame TV for what is obviously an isolated stupid act? If CNN was not around and the kid was imitating Wylie Coyote and jumped off of a cliff to see if he could really run back up it, is that Warner Bros.' fault?

Personal Responsibility is key to me. I will not blame TV for my kids stupidity. I may control their access, but if I fail to, that's my fault.

12. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Like they told number six, "We want information".

Just remember if you watch CNN you'll be chased down the beach by a giant white ball.

:haha:

13. thfonz98

thfonz98 1/2 ton status

darwin award but they'll have to wait 364 days to get it.

14. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

x2 , I think he got off WAY to f**k'n easy . A beheading with a big knarly sword would have pleased me BUT only if the had a soccer game right afterwords with his head being the game ball and steeltoed boot's as required foot wear :eek1: . Yea I'm a sadistic bastid :bow: . They should have soaked his hood in pig's blood :haha: .

15. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

he refused the hood, so it wouldnt have done any good.

16. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

The report said the kid was "imitating" the hanging. So obviously he had to have seen it from somewhere. My conclusion is it's the parent's fault for letting him see it in the first place.

I watched both versions last night on Google, the edited one that the liberal news put out and the unedited version that shows him drop and his face in the end. My 12 year old son was in the other room and wanted to know what I was watching, I told him not to come in because I didn't want him to see it, and he listened. So if he had seen it I wouldn't blame CNN or PMSNBC, it would have been my fault. My wife and I control what our kids see or don't see.

Whether we like it or not that video is part of history now. It should be viewed and played for all to see and take warning to. Yet, we as parents need to take responsibility for our and our children's actions and quit blaming others.

17. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I think kid's of a mature age should witness Saddams hanging . Kid's need to learn and see first hand that the bad guy's do lose and there is a conequence for your evil actions . All to often people lie and suger coat stuff to their children to protect them . As for some kid hanging himself because he saw Saddam get hanged , that's b.s. I guess every time a suicide bomber gets some air time on TV some kid in the world is gonna do the same thing :rolleyes: . If it was true then good ridance . If more stupid people would just off themselves this world would be a much better place in a few years down the road :laugh: .

18. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

as harsh as that may be, its right on the money.

19. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

At 9 and 10 yrs old you fully understand what your doing... They are just stupid, and the parents equally as stupid for 1. not checking up on them 2. allowing them to see it 3. Not properly explaining what or why it happened.

20. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

No way....hell look what teenagers do:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: