Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This is why I hate other people working on my truck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by adamforsythe, Feb 15, 2006.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

I took my truck to the shop because my front seal on the tranny was gone. (There was snow on the ground so I didn't want to do it) While my truck was there Reverse **** the bed. So now i need a new tranny.
    So my truck got there at the end of november it sat there in tell mid jan before he even ordered the new Th350 and dropped the tranny. It is now the middle of FEB and my truck has not been touched for a month. I will give him 1 more week then I am going there with a tow truck and telling him to get both trannys t-case (EVERYTHING) into the back of my truck and I am doing it my self. Plus to give me the money I gave him to install the shift kit and tranny (almost $380). I would take it this weekend but I am working out of state. PEOPLE REALLY PISS ME OFF SOME TIMES. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: .
    Sorry guys I just hadto get that off my cheast
    Thanks
    Adam

2. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I feel for you, I dont like people messing with my junk either. Hope it works out for you.

3. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I hate letting someone else work on my rig. I think the last time that happened was in 1999 when I had the exhaust put on......and I watched them the whole time.:D

4. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

If its been there since nov. and he didnt even order the tranny till mid Jan? I would have had my truck out of there by New years!

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Wow, I don't mess with transmissions either, but my favorite tranny shop completely rebuilt my Th700R4 and had my K5 ready for a test drive in 22hrs.:D It took a week on my Ram's tranny though.:doah:

I just had some work done on the A/C in my Ram by the stealership. This is what they did while they were at it....
    [​IMG]
    Some how the tech managed to do it on the lift.:confused: They replaced it though.

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i have accsess to full shop with lift and tranny jack. and it would take me about 2 hours to swap your stuff. so what the he!! is his problem? tail pipe up his a$$ or somthing?

7. adamforsythe

I don't know what is going on with him. It seems like it takes shops about 4 months to install new trannys up here in Maine. But he has one more week because I am working all of this weekend. If he does not have that truck DONE I am calling a tow truck. What is really funny there is trucks and cars that have been in there and gone like 3 times and he only touched my truck once.
    Thanks
    Adam

8. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

That sucks,might have a talk with the BBB and see if this is a reoccurring problem with this shop...

9. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

I HATE other people messing with my junk. Matter of fact today was the first time I ever watched my blazer move while not sitting in the drivers seat. Took it to a shop to get it aligned and only the mechanic drives vehicles into the bays (see the next story). Sat and watched the whole thing. The guy was real cool about it. Showed me a bunch of stuff, centered my steering wheel and adjusted up the steering box for me. Then when I went to leave he gave me a catalog for a company that sells tires very reasonable with FREE DELIVERY to my doorstep. That is a garage I will go back to.

Now, as I was going to leave we head to the bays to see this blue hair in a minivan start to drive right into one of his lift bays. We could both tell she was cutting it in too tight and he's screaming for her to stop. Well she just folded that minivan nice as you please right around the cinderblock corner of the bay. Funny thing is the metal started screeching and crunching and she GAVE IT MORE GAS to get in the bay. Then as I'm leaving I hear her getting out of the van and saying "I didn't hit anything did I?". I was still laughing 3 blocks down the road.

10. blackblazer717

blackblazer717 1/2 ton status

thats no good,
    funny thing is is that you are the second one to tell us that your tranny just decided to blow revese at a shop this winter, hummm, something tells me shop tech blow....

LUKE

11. adamforsythe

I just tolked to the guy today. He is moving it into the shop today and working on it ALL day tomarrow. I'm still not happy with him. I doubt he will touch my truck again.
    Thanks
    Adam

12. adamforsythe

Well he worked on my truck all day so I should have it some time next week. I told him do everything so the truck can take a sticker. So when I get my truck back next weekend I am going to install my New fuel gauge, and B&M Megashifter. He called me up and said the tranny was all ready to go in the truck. We talked about the shift kit voiding the warrenty. We ditched the shift kit for now to make sure the tranny is working right before we go voiding the warrenty.
    So when I pull the engine and tranny again to paint the truck we will add the shift kit then.
    I am going to get my truck back....I am so HAPPY. :bow: :p: :laugh: :D
    Thanks
    Adam

13. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

I don't see how a shift kit installed by them could void a warranty....Doesn't he have confidence in his work????

14. adamforsythe

Hello,
    I don't know but I really don't care right now I just want the truck back. I will add the shift kit this summer.
    Thanks
    Adam