Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This just pisses me off.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, May 10, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I don't think that there is a good "why" answer to that one. I saw it on the news last night. Gave me a good scare, as these stories always do as the parent of three young children. There are just predators out there.

The sad thing to me is that I can't (won't) let my five year old son go an ride his bike by himself b/c I worry about the 'what ifs'. We live in a very safe neighborhood, but I still won't let him out of my sight for now. I used to think that it would be ok when he got to be eight or nine....

3. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

the world we live in today is just rotton. sure theres still alot of good people in this world, but it seems like its gettin worse everyday. i used to roam the naborhood with my friends when i was young, would be gone for hours. if you did here about a killing or a near kidnapping it was rare. nowadays, no way will i let my son out of my sight. he's only 3 1/2 so its easy to keep him in my sight, but i know its only gonna get tougher as he gets older and wants to play with friends. how a father could do that to his own child is beyond my comprehension, that is the worst kind of animal there is. man thats so sad.

4. Bob87Burb

Bob87Burb 1/2 ton status

Well, there's no hard evidence that the father did it. Maybe it was someone he pissed off in prison? Doesn't really matter who did it, it is very sad that two innocent little girls' lives were taken, before they really even started.

Whomever did it should be sentenced and punished, of course after being passed around as prison bitch. :mad:

5. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Police have arrested the Hobbs girls, father. I don't know if they know something we don't.. just read that he had been arrested.

I don't know how anyone could do something like that. It's beyond my thinking I guess.

If he did do it .. I can't imagine a motive. Perhaps the "hero" syndrome? In the fire service you learn about different motives for arson etc.. one is usually called a "hero fire" where someone starts a fire, so that they can receive attention & praise for reporting it etc. Perhaps that was his motive, if he in fact did it? Maybe to take the attention off his prison background?? "Hey look, I found the girls.. I'm not so bad after all"

That's a hell of a lot of pain to bring on a family, just for some attention. Who knows.. Whoever did it needs to be thrown into a brush grinder.. feet first. :mad:

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

this is precisely why the death penalty shouldnt be a big deal. want to kill someone? we find you guilty, you die, on the spot. you want to rape someone? same deal. treason? kill em all. population control, all while saving our tax dollars. how much better can it get?

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner