Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This land is your land,

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtn. burb, Sep 1, 2004.

1. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

"this land is your land, this land is my land," and if you live in California you can go into the forest after you pay 25 bucks for an Adventure Pass. I am not joking.

This addtional tax on the already tax strapped California family is outrageous. The program has extremely high non-compliance, but it still exists.

The drought here has energized the National Forest Management to implement , eh eh, "impose additional fire restrictions."

Wood campfires are prohibited, except in designated Campfire use sites. (Few and not where I want to camp.)

Smoking is prohibited in the Forest except in a vehicle, building (??), or a Campfire use site. (Leave the cigars at home.) Lanterns and stoves are permitted with a valid campfire permit.

"All recreational target shooting is prohibited."

Fortunately, I belong to the Ojai Valley Gun Club, which will remain open.

Man, like It was'nt aggravating enough to live here already.

For the record, I realize this restrictions are to protect the Forest from the carelessness of idiots. We always have 2 fire extinguishers next to our camp fire, and a couple of shovels. I just hope it rains in November.

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

I agree, its gotten way out of hand. We drove to Payson in June to go hiking with friends and the Feds closed the Natl Forest because of fire danger. There was crime tape across all the gates and huge 4' stop signs. Firefighters start forest fires as well, maybe we should close the forests to the Feds for a few years /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

3. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Same as Utah. You have to pay to go up the canyons. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

I used to ride my quad (when i had one) out at Glamis sand dunes (near Yuma AZ) and it was a blast! Then it was 'discovered' there is some endangered WEED, and the lefties were trying to close the park down for good! I was surprised that a lot of large comanies (Miller Brewing Co for one) were donateing huge amounts of money to their cause. San Diego Offroad Coalition had several charity drives so we the people can maintain the right to use what has been essentially free for 30 years. Now, they imposed a useage fee and closed only 1/2 the dunes to recreational vehicles. Honestly, its gotten worse than ever with the trash being left behind. I dunno, in 20 years i think they'll find a reason to ban off roading altogether...sad state of affairs.

5. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I moved away form California close to 10 years ago because you can't even sneeze there anymore without there being a tax on it, or get a ticket from a police officer for it.

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    I live in the Redwood National Forest and I haven't seen a toll booth yet /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

it's coming
    /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    it's coming

[/ QUOTE ]
    I don't think I'm gonna have to pay $25 every time I go to My house.

9. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I moved away form California close to 10 years ago because you can't even sneeze there anymore without there being a tax on it, or get a ticket from a police officer for it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Me too.

John

10. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

there is no way i would mover from cali with all its mountiand and lakes and rivers to oaklahoma waith all its........ well nothing, but cheap land /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif, i would much rather go further north, the only bad thing about thta is , worse surf and colder ocean /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif