Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This makes me sick

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shaggy, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    “In the ad they say that even soldiers’ families are opposed to the invasion, yet I can't believe that they could not have at least refused to send their sons to Iraq. They say a lot, they demonstrated a lot, but in the end they couldn't do anything to stop this war. We are tired of talking, we just want the Americans to get out."
    Ibtissam, 32

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy is old enough to remember the Iran-Iraq War (he's 2 years older than me, and I remember it); he oughtta know that when The Government tells The Army (of whatever country) to GO!, there's no refusing "to send their sons to Iraq". They go, plain and simple. That's the life of a soldier. Mom and Dad can throw all the tantrums they want, and can refuse as often and as loudly as possible, but if Junior's on contract to the military, he's going.
    I would have said this is "unbelievable", but we ARE talking about Iraq, so who the hell knows what Saddam allowed the media to tell these folks about the Iran-Iraq war...