Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This may sound racist...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, May 19, 2006.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

The hotel was overrun the last couple days by people from other countries... I think about 5 of the 30 or so Arab-looking folks were nice and/or smiled when I was friendly to them...

What's a guy SUPPOSED to think when someone of that ethnicity comes to your country and just glares at you like you're the scum of the earth when you say hello to them?

Damn democrats probably haven't even MET a Muslim... :doah:

And someone send a memo to other countries saying it's customary to tip the people who bust their asses for you, who rely on tips for any money above barely covering the bills... Venezuelans were good, very generous... Everyone else, not so much...

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Inform them that whatever day it is happens to be "Pork Appreciation Day" and that your hotel is the title sponsor for the event.

3. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

Don't get me started :o

4. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Be polite and offer them a bacon samitch.

5. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

:haha::haha:

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I kinda lost it on one of the guests... All day busting my ass for ungrateful customers, carrying their heavy luggage around the hotel without so much as a thank you... Demanding people who can't figure out the concept of waiting your turn because maybe someone else asked for something before you... Then people wanting me to take them to the mall, and desk clerks telling them I will even though I told them every five minutes I was only going to the airport today...

So in all the commotion of 50 people wanting me at once, I got away to take some people who patiently waited 45 minutes for a ride... I then ran over to the mall to pick up some people I dropped off earlier. I pulled up about 10 minutes later than the agreed time, and went inside to find them and apologize, just in case they wanted to give me some money... Instead I was met by some fat guy who didn't speak English waving his arms around, pointing at his watch, shouting "No good! I no like! Goodbye!"

Normally I could deal with it just fine. Normally, I let stuff roll off my back because if I get into it with a customer, I'll just end up being wrong no matter what when it gets back to my boss... But this guy was standing way too close, and behaving way too out of line in public, and I was already pissed that all these foreigners were coming and screwing me over left and right... I still held back though... I just said, "I'm doing you a favor by bringing you to the mall, and I won't stand here and be treated this way. You can call a cab, goodbye." Then I turned and started walking away... Another guy from the group came up to me and explained that the guy was just a jackass, and they knew I was probably really busy... So I waited for everyone else to come...

The fat bastard never did show up to get into my van, so he either took my advice or he's applying for government aid right now :doah:

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Tell 'em their wives would look better if they showed some skin.........

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha:

9. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I consider myself a patient guy. I had a few stressful nights at the hotel (I just quit cause of school so I only worked there for 3 months lol) but I was never pushed over the edge though. My manager on the other hand...

He is a super cool guy, didnt get pissed when I made mistakes or anything. Basically he ran the place extremely well and was a great boss to work for. Well just like every one else he got stressed out every once in awhile and would already be in a kinda pissy mood when he got to work at 6:30 in the morning. He put a couple customers in their places a few times, they weren't foreigners though so they had no excuse for being dicks and they got the hint prety damn quick.