Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This might be a stupid ? but i want to know why dana 60 cost so much

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Tshane, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Tshane

Tshane 1/2 ton status

Okay hopefully someone can answer this. Why are dana 60's so expensive.mean i see them all over but they are still very very expensive /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Supply and demand. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Supply and demand, and they are just about the best stock production axles you can get.

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Think about this - how many 1 ton Chevy trucks from this era have you seen? Ok, then how many were 2wd? For me, like 95% of the ones I have seen ar 2wd. There seems to be just less 4wd ones, which are the only donors for our trucks.
    Then realize that people have known for a long time that a Dana 60 front a 1 ton will bolt right in on your 1/2 ton truck or blazer. So these things were never just sitting around in a pile, gathering dust.
    So yes, it's supply and demand.
    When I first got in 4 wheeling a few years ago, no one I knew would consider paying $1000 for a Dana 60. But now they are just that much more difficult to come buy and that price is not an outrageous one.
    -- Mike

5. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

If you think a GM 60 is high check on a HiPin Ford goes for.I felt lucky to get one for 1400$.I only had to replace one rotor and axle joint.Only had to go 900 miles to pick it up.I figure in 2 years I'll be about even moneywise and wont have to replace any axles or ujoints.Guess I'm just a little lazy and I'm wheeling while some others are repairing 44s.Still have to do bearing service though. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifon 38s /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif