Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

this might be interesting,property owners add your what not to do's...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, May 25, 2004.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

this might be interesting,property owners add your what not to do\'s...

So I have 5 acres and not ready for a compost heap that I can't turn on a regular basis, so I come up with this wonderful Idea of tossing all the grass clippings in the burn pit I dug behind the house, it's 8 ft around and 3 ft deep...Needless to say I filled it to the top with grass just mowing the back, side and half the front yard, I didn't even start on the pasture or the back side of the property..So anyhow whatever you do ,don't pile that much grass up and light it, it has been smoldering for 5 1/2 days and smells like a wet fart....It really was a bad idea.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Anyone else have some story about what not to do on your property, just wondering , this city boy is still learning.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Re: this might be interesting,property owners add your what not to do\'s...

When having a weeny roast, don't throw bugs in like "daddy long legs" they really smell /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

1) Don't use an old bathtub for a "landscape pond" and leave the water stagnant during mosquito season.

2) Don't light off a firework inside the cab of a parts truck unless you want to play volunteer fire department later on.

3) If you live near a small, remote town, don't invite the locals up to visit.

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

If you live in an area that has a large amount of deer and you decide to transplant some trees from the wilderness onto your land, do NOT choose fir trees........ /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Apparently, deer feast on fir needles in the winter when snow covers the fields. Ask me how I found out. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I can see it now:

Deer 1- "Oh look, Paul spent all that time(over 60 hours) digging tree holes and transplanting baby firs"

Deer 2- "Oh my, how kind of him!! Are you hungry, too?"

Deer 1 and 2 and the whole damn rest of the million head herd- "Munch, munch, munch"

Deer 1- "Do you think he'll be mad?"

Deer 2- "Nah!!! He must know we love to eat these things, don't you think?"

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

5. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

I can see it now:

Deer 1- "Oh look, Paul spent all that time(over 60 hours) digging tree holes and transplanting baby firs"

Deer 2- "Oh my, how kind of him!! Are you hungry, too?"

Deer 1 and 2 and the whole damn rest of the million head herd- "Munch, munch, munch"

Deer 1- "Do you think he'll be mad?"

Deer 2- "Nah!!! He must know we love to eat these things, don't you think?"

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Don't clean your rugs and run through the house on them while they are still wet (to answer the doorbell). That is unless you like sliding across them at the speed of death into the closed front door. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

7. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Don't think you can control a field burn /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Check the septic tank to see if it's backed up before mowing. I got my mower stuck in a few inches of turds a few weeks ago...

9. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Needless to say I filled it to the top with grass just mowing the back, side and half the front yard, I didn't even start on the pasture or the back side of the property..

[/ QUOTE ]

What the heck are you feeding your goats? The grass is free feed, let them mow it for you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I only have 2 and they are knockin the brush out pretty good and keep the pasture fairly short...

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Don't pee on the bondfire, it stinks really bad.

12. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

#$^!@#$^#!, thats funny! I almost fell off my chair giggling at your sarcasm! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif