Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This Really Sucks!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Russell Keys, Jun 20, 2000.

1. Russell Keys

Russell Keys 1/2 ton status

About a week ago a local guy finished a body off rebuild. He repainted everything underneath and body and has spent quite a lot of money on his truck(I heard $12k) The truck got 15" of lift and now sports 44" boggers, the part of this story that sucks is that all he can do with it is park it in front of his house because ONE local DPS trooper has waged a personal war against big trucks. I know that it is well over the legal height but why in the hell does it matter how high the F@CKIN headlights are in the daytime? This trooper also says he can't understand why someone would waste money to build such pieces of crap, and that the only reason we build these trucks is to make up for something we didn't have when we were younger. Well I guess I can agree with him there because I didn't have any money in high school or a hobby. So, can he mount his headlights in the bumper to gain legality or do they have to be in the stock location? BTW I'm in Texas, Huntsville to be exact, and it looks like the prison has put us on the map again.sorry for the book, Russell

2. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I know someone who got a ticket from a cop because one tail light was brighter then the other and beacouse there was a hole in the bench seat.
    I highly disagree with the "wasting money on pieces of crap" remark.

[​IMG]chevy4x4[​IMG]
    http://4x4.coloradok5.com

3. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

I think BigBurb had to lower his headlight's too for that same reason. It must really suck having done all that work and getting slammed like that. Could he swap all the parts to a early year blazer and get away with running it as a show-car with historic tag's?

I too highly disagree with the "wasting money on pieces of crap" remark.

<font color=blue>Espen88k5 at: </font color=blue>http://espen.coloradok5.com

4. This is what I did to fix my headlights

I was stationed at Fort Hood , a year ago, for 4 1/2 years and I ended up lowering my dual over/under style headlights on my 15" lifted 88 Burb to make them happy. Here is a picture of what I made to mount the headlights side by side under the bumper. I actually said to hell with TX and went out of state to license and register it using my parents address and then they couldn't touch it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

6. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Over 54" in texas is illegal right?

Bigger is Better
    Cameron Burnett
    82 Jimmy

7. God I can't remember !! I think it is 54" or 57" to the center of the low beam headlight, I know mine was way too high to suit them !!

8. Russell Keys

Russell Keys 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure about this, but, aren't the upper lights in the grill the low beams and the high beams are both? If this is the case couldn't you reverse the lights and plugs? That would give you several more inches to play with wouldn't it? I've never owned anything with the 4 headlight system so I'm not positive on this. Just a thought.-Russell BTW I've been pulled over for an illegal exhaust system that wasn't more than 2 months old. It was "too loud". Just true duals with 24" glass packs and chrome bells. Funny thing was that I just had the 18" glass packs replaced because I wanted something with more tone & less pop.Seems you just can't win for losing!

9. Black89k5

Black89k5 Registered Member

54!! 57!! Hell here in Pa in 30 inches from the ground to the bumpers somebody correct me if im wrong. But i do believe im right. Man, Man, Man. PA SUCKS

10. MINE WAS TOO HIGH STILL TO DO THE FLIP FLOP OF LIGHTS ! GO WITH WHATEVER WORKS, I AM GONNA PUT MINE BACK IN THE ORIGINAL PLACES BECAUSE THEY LOOK BETTER AND ARE PROTECTED, AND TX CAN KISS MY A$$ !!