Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This really ticks me off

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigoltrux77, Oct 17, 2002.

1. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

Ok im a senior in high school and the big thing to have is a fast car or big truck. This weekend a kid got a 78 K5. It has a 6" susp., 3" body, 39.5" Boggers on 598's. It has a "racing engine" (he doesnt know whats on it), Stock axles(12bolt, 10bolt), Clearout tail lights, cowl hood and dual exhaust. Its red with silver Cut out fender flares. He paid 8 grand for it at a used car dealership on saturday. Well he came to school and now all he does is talk crap about mine. He knows nothing about his truck. I just hate it when that happens. I mean his truck looks sweet, dont get me wrong but i mean come on. 8 grand? But what tops it off is that he talks so much crap about mine bc mine is only lifted 4" with 35's, 14blt rear, dana 44 front, 400ci, th400, np205, etc. I cant wait till he takes it off road and twists those axle /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifs. what a moron.

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

My first truck was a beat up 72 Ford Crewcab 2wd I paid $200 for. I could not impress anyone with it but I was the popular guy for a trip to the movies (nearest theater was 15 miles away)...

Next time he knocks your truck just offer to take him rock crawling next time out... See who is laughing after that trip.

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Invite him to go wheeling! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

i second that. ask him to come wheelin with you sometime.

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Slap some warn shafts and CTM's in your truck and have him meet you at the local axle breaker trail. You can tow him home.
    Ahhh to be in high school with mommy and daddy buying.
    My folks gave me a handmedown rusted out VW wagon and paid my insurance for 6 months. I been paying for it all ever since.

6. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

yeah i think im going to. But the thing is mmy parents didnt buy my truck. I worked my ass off freshman and sophmore year to buy the 2000 dollar stock blazer. Since then ive spent another 3 grand on it. I work at Discount Tire, so i get paid good. Im trying to figure out what i want to do next though. I have 35" mudkings (new), not sure if i want to upgrade to some swampers. Any input? But i want to put in a shackle flip, MSD Ignition, and some performance mods. What do yall think?

7. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

If you really want to spank somebodys arse off-road I think your next step should be to buy a locker, I put a lock-right in mine and it made a big difference. Install that locker and then go spank that spoiled little poser truck mamas boy.

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Good for you!. You appreciate stuff better when you have to work for it. That snot nose brat will end up wrapping that thing around a phone pole and if lucky he won't kill anybody else in the process.

9. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    That snot nose brat will end up wrapping that thing around a phone pole

[/ QUOTE ] then ask him for his tires....he'll have no use for em.

ry

10. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Don't worry about it, real trucks are Built, not Bought.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just invite him and his girl friend (or boy friend) out for a little drive in the woods. Then you will see who has the best truck.

Don't forget:

Recovery fee $200. deposit + $100/hour
    Borrow my cell phone $50.

11. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Invite him to go wheeling in front of everybody else, because most likely he will not accept, but might be intimidated in front of his friends. And invite some of those friends along for the drive, tell them to go with him and offer the chance of a ride back with you if he can't make it back. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. TIGHTWORK82 K5

TIGHTWORK82 K5 1/2 ton status

ya, but if you get stuck or broke then your finished too!
    then he will really brag and you wont have a leg to stand on.

bang his girl friend in the back of your k5 that will show him! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

So f'n what????? I see it all the time around here and doesn't bug me. Just challenge the snot nosed punk to go out in the woods and go for what you know. Then the survivor has all the braggin rights. If he doesn't want to participate in the "Off Road Wheelin Challenge," then you know what kind of POS he is.

14. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

That's what I think will happen, he will not go because he will be affraid to take his jewel to the rough.
    That way you can brag about that /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

Just remind him your girlfiend is STILL better looking than his.

Eric M.

16. eshorvath

eshorvath 1/2 ton status

My first Blazer was a 1969, k-5, that I ended up putting 5g into, and only selling it for 4500
    It was awesome, 427, auto, 4 in suspension lift, 3 in body lift. This was in 1987
    Wish I still had her.

17. blazingboy

blazingboy 1/2 ton status

I have the same porblem at my school I got a blazer with a 2 and half inch lift with 33 tsl's and eagle 589 with a 350 and 12 bolt rear wit h10 bolt front. There is a kid with a brand new silverado white weld racing wheels 40 inch mickey thompsons and it is 2 wheel drive I don't understand that and the thing is he talks crap about my truck. I can't wait until he tries to powerbrake it and tears it apart.

18. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

I paid/am paying for all of my trucks. I bought my Scout for $1800 and spent a little on it to fix it up some. Then I got my K10 for $1500, bought a carb. and got it running decent. Then I got the K30 for $500 and havent spent much on it. And now I'm making payments on my 00 Silverado.

The only thing my parents have paid for is insurance and they have helped me out a few times.

They're too poor and believe in working for stuff. My brother is paying for his own truck and using his money to fix it up.

It pi$$es me off to see all these little rich boys getting brand new camaros, mustangs and trucks and wrecking them within the first month. I've worked for all mine and I'm proud of it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

19. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

k30....500 BUCKS??? WOW! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

Yep And I MIGHT be getting a TPI setup for free or really cheap from a guy I work with. Someone is giving him a 350 from a 89 camaro and he doesnt want the FI. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif