Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

this scout worth it?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stoney126, Jul 29, 2006.

1. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

1972 scout II 4x4 350 4spd power steering new 35's 5 inch skyjacker lift and looks like a springover as well there asking 4500. That all the info from autotrader. So what do ya think?

scout ad.jpg

2. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

I'd have to see it in person. Scout's were rust traps.

I had a 79 that was beyond rusted out. Looks good enough, but the underside would have to be checked.

3. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

check the steering and pinion angle. those can be expensive fixes. (i can kinda see the steering and it does not look ok. looks have the shackels in the regular position--not good or bad. from that right there i would not pay 4500-----3k at the most. Scouts are hit or miss, im sure he will sell it for 4500.

4. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

I imagine a soa is not something that should be done by anybody, there a stock 73 w/ a blown motor for 700 bucks that sounds like something to check out

5. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

Scouts are oddball. Chevy has a better bang for your buck.

6. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

As mentioned the steering looks scary, the shackle angle up front doesn't look good and from the rocker it looks like there is rust hiding under the paint. If you decide to go look at it take somebody with you who has a lot of experience with modified 4x4's. The motor should be a 345 V-8 unless its just a collection of parts somebody is trying to sell.

I wouldn't pay $4500 for it

7. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

I happen to LOVE scouts, allways have. ofcourse just a little bit less then blazers but, if its clean and it looks like it is, and if you like it get it. I STILL want to build one, or another one I should say. I had one years ago and never finished it. I still have scout parts, even a 1/2 top and bed wall for one. and you cant beat being smog exempt.

IF it is as clean as it looks get him down as much as possible and fix any problems like steering or whatever. all rigs are a project in some form or another.