Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

This Sound good?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by InSearchofAk5, Jul 17, 2001.

1. InSearchofAk5

InSearchofAk5 Registered Member

This guy got in a car accident in another car and has some injuries that wont allow him to drive. He's the second owner of a 79 K5 that he bought in 91. He's selling it for 2750 b/c he says the body has some cosmetic rust but he has put many new parts in the truck and he has reciepts. Hes replaces the drive shaft and u joints. He has new shocks and axle bearings. new ac compressor, he had the brakes replaced 2 yrs ago w/ front disk rear drum. It has a roll bar and mag wheels. I think it sounds pretty good but i havent actaully see it so i dont know how much rust there is. He says theres not much at allon the underside just all cosmetic rust. He said if it didnt have rust hed sell for 4grand.
    Tell me wht you guys think

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'd check it out very carefully...these trucks tend to rust in the same places and its never 'just' cosmetic. Anyone who thinks it only cosmetic just doesn't know where to look.
    check the front seatbelt anchor area just behind the front seats near the floor. You can get a great view of it from the rear wheel well looking forward. Bring a flashlight.

Check the backside of the rocker panels underneath.

Check the rear supports at the back of the box, many rust there and the box sides become 'floppy'. Lift the carpet at the rear and closely inspect the tailpan area.

That should get you started. I've seen way too many K5's that are "Good from far...and far from good!"

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

3. InSearchofAk5

InSearchofAk5 Registered Member

Yeah but i mean everycar is gunna have a little rust on the under side and in some places , i just hope theres not tons of rust like the previous blazer i lokoed at.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Update your profile so we know where you are. "Cosmetic rust" has a different meaning in Arizona than it does in Massachusetts. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...