Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

this sounds dumb, but please reply

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by purple76pearl, Apr 6, 2004.

1. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

ok guys i know this sounds dumb but i have been racking my brain for like 2 months on this one
    my 1986 blazer is in the body shop as of 2 days ago starting to be rebuilt so i can put my lift and drive train under it for a daily driver leving my 76 to really build for off road
    my prob is this
    my 1986 has a tan like interior and was originally 2 tone tan and brown, once i get the body work donw and cowl hood and billet grill and stuff in it, money is about gone so i cant redo my interior(which is in really great shape) so i need to know what color i should paint it
    i know this seems petty but i would like some advise
    what would look good thats my question
    here is a pic of the interior color, please help me
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

the few colors i had come up with are as follows
    <font color="black">black</font>
    -<font color="white">white</font>-
    <font color="red">red</font>
    <font color="blue">blue metalic</font>
    <font color="orange">* i really wanted orange, like bright orange, but dont think it would match*</font>
    but thats what i have in mind
    tell me what you think im open for any and all suggestions

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Red Black or Brown would go best.

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Gloss black or flat black, depends on how you want the trail pinstripping to show up. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

The right color of green would look good IMO ---i.e. a dark or Hunter green /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gifThink of how tan and this green work together in camo

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Black with a red insert looks sharp and came from the factory in 86. I'm biased though because that's my favorite paint scheme- I wish I had found a truck that color when I bought my truck.

FWIW, my 83 pickup has the exact same interior as yours and is painted metallic medium brown with the tan insert. It looks sharp. I'll try and dig up a pic for you........

I found a pic of my pickup from last year when I was part of the volunteer mosquito control program out at my rec property. The thingamajig in the back of the truck is a fogger.

[​IMG]

6. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I would say Deep green or Red would look the best. Probably a forest green though.

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

All I have to say is that black is the most overly done color on the planet. That is the ONLY way you can make your vehicle as common as a Honda Civic..go with a black interior. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm a bit of a purist (actually a lot) so I've yet to see an interior color that WASN'T factory that I thought looked nice. All of them end up being too gaudy for my taste, either it's too much of the same color (black vehicle with black interior) or too bright (green, yellow, you name it).

As much as I dislike black interiors, I think a combo of the factory black and gray is nice looking depending on exterior color...gray panels, dash, seats etc., with black carpet. This is just personal preference though, do what makes you happy, because you'll have a hard time finding someone that likes exactly what you like.

8. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

I vote Hunter Green /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

my stepdad used to have a 79 chev silverado....factory colors were bright orange outside...with tan interior....it looked good

10. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    This one had a tan interior. Now it has donated its organs to another blazer.

11. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

I had an '85 CJ-7 I did a spring-over on w/40's. It had a Saddle color interior. Ended up with a Teal (blue) body &amp; painted the hardtop close to interior. Even color-matched the wheels to the top. Looked better than it sounds. Whatever color you pick....be sure it's one (or more) that YOU like.

12. purple76pearl

thanks guys, i never even though about going back with the 2 tone i was just going with a solid color, and i do like the greens you mentioned, but since someone said it had fac orange with tan interior, im gonna give it a whirl see how it comes out, when i get this rig done ill post pics of it for you guys, thanks again

13. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I'll be doing my blazer camo with Olive green and black spots. Not for a few years though /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

14. kgillyk5

kgillyk5 1/2 ton status

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

There are dyes you can get to change the color. It's always easier to go darker. So depending on what color you paint the truck, .... well, you know.

16. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

17. purple76pearl

i dont know about the paint it self, but i do like that color, wonder what it looks like on a test panel, lol
    and b t w, that ord rig in the green, is bad ass good job guys

18. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

My 84 Jimmy has the same interior and is a two tone tan and whit. The 79 has brown interior and it is a two tone black/tan. I am doing the interior in it gray. Bought some seat covers and going to rattle can the dash and anything that can be painted with it. Carpet kit is a few hundred but it will change the color. Hope gray goes good with a camo paint job /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Good lUck, you have my vote for Orange. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif